Thread: Spartan Update

RC Qualifier

Spartan Update

Hey guys,

Been a while since I have been to the forum...anyhow, the boat is running pretty well. I have taken it out a few times already this season. I didnt do much to it over the winter, still mostly stock except for the 180 ESC, .187 flex mod and other cooling mods. I have really been focusing on getting it dialed it with the dual trim tabs and battery placement. With my current setup my HK data logger has recorded a 47.7 Mph pass on the stock prop. I went back to the stock prop to get the boat tuned and I am happy with it so I might go back to the Octura x442 and see if I can break 50 mph. I think I will be in the low 50's when I finally get it dialed in. The HK data logger is a really neat piece of electronics and doesnt weigh a thing compared to most GPS systems guys put in their boats.

RC poster
    On my last 2 runs with and Octura X447, I hit 58.1mph on a small GPS unit.. That prop is 5mm larger and roughly 3mm more pitch..!!! Highly recommended.
    I also say go with dual coolers and larger can cooler... Motor was 130 after those two runs..

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Thats definetly quick with that prop. 130 seems warm for the stock motor though, even with cooling. I normally see about 100-110 at the most...

RC Qualifier
    Back with more testing....I keep gradually moving the batteries back, todays run had the batteries centered, on smooth glass water. I ran a 49.7 mph with the GPS. I am going to continue to tweek my battery placement (keep moving them back) with the stock prop and see what speed I can top out at. Once I get to that point I am going to reinstall the Octura x442 and see how far I can push that. The fine tuning is the fun part!