Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    Got out and made some actual 132' passes today. Best time I could get was a 2.521. Still need to dial it in a bit more but pretty happy so far. I have some videos to upload too.

RC Qualifier
    if you wouldnt have broke out you wouldve won lol. In scale its still faster than any NHRA car out there. 53.330mph is pretty darn fast in my opinion. Consider some guys will risk their car and sometime life to do a speed run on the freeway or main road just to hit 50mph. Cant wait to see the video. Next dial in lower so you dont break out lol.
    Last edited by NvDesertRat96; 05-31-2013 at 04:10 AM. Reason: had to fix the **** word lol
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    if you wouldnt have broke out you wouldve won lol. In scale its still faster than any NHRA car out there. 53.330mph is pretty darn fast in my opinion. Consider some guys will risk their car and sometime life to do a speed run on the freeway or main road just to hit 50mph. Cant wait to see the video. Next dial in lower so you dont break out lol.
    Thanks man, I had it dialed at a 2.53 because I was consistently running in the 2.535-2.545 range and not sure what happened on this run but won't argue it lol. I was pretty content with these results considering The biggest 3s I have is only a 3200mah 35c.

Right now its geared at 28/76, I tried playing with 31/76 but lost all bottom end and ran out of room at 132'. I might go with a bigger battery first and then try some 32p gearing combo's. Even being extended it still wants to pull half track wheelies.

http://youtu.be/oCI5841190M
    http://youtu.be/L57OsW3O7rk

RC Qualifier
    All I can say is that thing is off the chain, stupid sick looking and I so want one lol Nice build man absolutely love it
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by atothep View Post
    Thanks man, I had it dialed at a 2.53 because I was consistently running in the 2.535-2.545 range and not sure what happened on this run but won't argue it lol. I was pretty content with these results considering The biggest 3s I have is only a 3200mah 35c.

Right now its geared at 28/76, I tried playing with 31/76 but lost all bottom end and ran out of room at 132'. I might go with a bigger battery first and then try some 32p gearing combo's. Even being extended it still wants to pull half track wheelies.

Yep thats a sick ride. Awesome build and its sexy to boot. She will for sure be giving the purpose built dragsters a run for there money soon.

Yes bigger punch would help alot. SMC has good batteries for a decent price. Try to get a C rating thats close to your amp rating on your ESC. Like if your ESC is 100amp try to get a 60-75C battery. A bigger mah wouldnt help you much since the burst potential of a lipo comes off the top. Can you raise the timing on your ESC so you can gear up to 76/31? Also does you ESC have a "turbo" function. Its a variable timing function that you could have your timing low on launch then ramp up for the top end down the track. Looks like she could use a little weight and/or a spoiler up front to keep that nose down and the throttle open.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Competitor
    Hey all, it's been a while since I have had the chance to make any runs or even get on the forum but we are heading out this afternoon so I'll be sure to post some results! Wish me luck!

RC Champion
    You've been wished! Love your build!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    You've been wished! Love your build!
    Haha, thanks! The fastest lime I laid down tonight was a 2.554. My personal best with this build is still the 2.521 but that was also on a prepped track with VHT track bit so I won't complain to much about today's numbers. Today we just used grape crush soda and it's better then nothing. I switched from 28/83 to 28/76 and the thing is so undrivable, like smoking the tires and 55 mph coming through the traps at 132'. I ended up glazing the slipper pads and hitting LVD so I have more testing and tuning to do.

RC Qualifier
    This is honestly the sickest Bandit that I've ever seen. I'd love to see a video of this thing driving. Keep the updates coming.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    This is honestly the sickest Bandit that I've ever seen. I'd love to see a video of this thing driving. Keep the updates coming.
    Hey thanks! It's a total blast to drive too! I've only had three outings with it and have already burned though a new set of anaconda's lol. I need to come up with some good foams for it!

These are a couple videos I posted a while back, I need to do a better job at getting some more footage.

RC Qualifier
    Nice videos. You ever thought about putting a little bit of weight in the front to help keep the front wheels on the ground a little better? Looks like the front started to lift in one of the videos. That thing is still just sick... Makes me want to build a bandit..lol.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Nice videos. You ever thought about putting a little bit of weight in the front to help keep the front wheels on the ground a little better? Looks like the front started to lift in one of the videos. That thing is still just sick... Makes me want to build a bandit..lol.
    I have but it's more fun to try and drive through it lol. Plus I'm already around 8-10oz heavier then a stock bandit/rustler so the less wt the better I think?!? Right now I'm using the rpm Trans and wheely bar, I've been kicking around the idea of a new spring loaded wheely bar. The idea would be that when the front end comes up the wheely bar spring compresses and in turn pushes the front end back down quickly. It sounds good in theory but not sure how well it will work.

RC Qualifier
    The little bit of added weight shouldn't make that much of a difference, just may take you a little longer to reach top speed. I would go with a wheely bar that doesn't allow the front to come up at all. Where the wheels of the wheely bar almost touch the ground before you even take off, that way it doesn't allow the front to come up.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the tips! I still have a bunch of testing and tuning to do so we'll see what happens and I will try to do a better job with posting updates lol