RC Racer

hump pack recommendation

so I did the hump pack upgrade. got the hpi plazma pack 1.6mah 6v. now my truck is killing this battery in less then 1/4 of a tank. have gotten a replacement battery twice from my lhs and each time after charging it just dies quickly. wondering what hump pack you guys recommend to get because this is getting annoying. is the pack too low on amps or is it just not strong enough for my maxx? cheers
    modded 3906 e-maxx

RC Qualifier
    1.6 mah isn't enough. Needs to be around 1,600 mah. The more, even better.

RC Racer
    lol sorry forgot the k after the 1.6. it is a 1, 600mah hump pack but it just doesnt seem to last more then 5 mins
    modded 3906 e-maxx

If you have gone through three batteries then the batteries probably are not the issue and my guess is that no matter what battery you get you'll have problems. Check the charger and excessive drain on the truck.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    will do. its a little odd never had the problem when it had the stock battery set up. only having it now after fitting a hunp pack :-s considering removing ez start (which I wanted to do anyway) slapping a pull start on it moving my ofna tank to where the original tank sat and putting the stock battery pack back on. im mates with the bloke at my lhs so we are going to trial a couple of thinfgs to see what the exact issue is. also I use the same charger on my lipos for my merv and for my ez start wand battery and they work perfectly so I dont think its the charger
    modded 3906 e-maxx

RC Qualifier
    I was running a 1,600 mah in mine and I use a wall charger, at 200 mah charge rate, took anywhere from 4-5 hours to overnight to charge it. But it would run for along time, most I ever straight ran it was 5 tanks and it was still going, just to give an idea of life on mine. I researched humps and charge rates awhile back, the 1.600 mah can be charged at 1 amp on a fast charger, but watch the peak of the battery, When over charged, the voltage will actually start dropping rapidly. In the old days of yore, we would put a volt meter on it and monitor this, to know when battery peak was. The fact you have tried three packs, leads me back to charging or the truck, maybe a tight servo or something, like DG said.

RC Racer
    brand new metal geared servos. and I have a high out put balance charger. charges it in 45min-60 mins. im taking it to my lhs today because they have a maintenance department and they are going to run over the truck and find out whats going on. cheers for all the ideas and input
    modded 3906 e-maxx