Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The 55's look killer.
    don't they.. I wasn't running in that heat I wa catching up on charging my batteries.. I got first in the main.. Which I run a rally body.. The class running in that video was the bomber class..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jfbaucom View Post
    Dontlift by loosen it up and tighten it up wat ya mean
    By loosen up i mean the rear end will slide out easier (oversteer) and by tighten up i mean the front end will push (understeer).
    If you have a good setup for when the track is neutral (neither wet/tacky or dry slick), and you took the same setup onto a wet/tacky track your car will push (understeer), so you have to counter that by loosening the chassis in order to make the car turn. And the opposite would apply to a dry slick track.

my car always seems to push more than i want it to. i typically have to crank wheels hard all the way and let of throttle sometimes even feather brake ontop of my drag brake to get the truck to rotate. im running 4x4 offset front wheels right now so it narrows the track width and that helped alot compared to last week. might need a 4x4 wheel with more bite up front though so it doesnt just slip across the the top as much.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Do you know if your truck is left-side heavy (left side carries more weight than right)? If it isnt than that would be something to try. Anda also slash's are very rear heavy, so getting some weight up on the front should help the front tires get some more grip and possibly eliminate the pushing. Just some suggestions.

RC Qualifier
    yep I have added weight to mine and it did make a difference

08kgraves
    wat shock oil are you running?

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I think he was running around 30 wt in the bigger shocks he had on it when I was there, but his suspension was a slow as a stock shock with 45 or 50 wt because of the difference between the shocks...

How about getting a telluride for the brushed open wheel class(cut off the fenders!)???
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-13-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: merge
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Well the way I run my oval cars which are running really well.. I have around 20 k up front thirty in the back.. And if it's pushing you need to lighten your front right a bit to let it roll more and it will gain traction.. And I shortened my front left shock.. To put wedge in it..

hmmmm not sure 100% off hand if my rig is left side heavy or not. but with the track surface which can be extremely loose because its litterally sand when it dries out you need as much forward bite as possible. which my forward bite is great as is. the front tires on it now are just skating across the top because there street tires. they worked for another guy so i thought i would try them out. i might leave the right front street tire on with the slash 4x4 offset and throw my trencher back on the left front with the stock 2wd offset. that way it will add a little more weight over that corner to help pull it down.

as for shock oil when rag was up here for the weekend i had 30w in the rear and 45w in the front. i have since dropped the front down to 35w and it helped out. i know i just flat out need lighter springs up front as well though. i have the losi ten scte shocks with there light weight spring kit all around. rears are good but front still to stiff. so i will be getting some options over winter for next season.

and rag................ what the heck is a telluride? lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Left side % wont effect you forward bite, it will help on entry. Rear % is what effects the forward bite, and if its pushing im guessing you have to much. The lighter springs could help up front could help the push, you could also try just going lighter in the LF. If your car handles properly in the turns you'll be able to carry more speed through the corners and the forward bite will come naturally.

Its at the top of the "electric" forum, new traxxas trail truck based off the pede 4x4 chassis, but comes with a titan 12t.

yeah i got some things to try out. see what works for me ect. ect. its a trial and error thing.

rag, that thing looks pretty cool, but my current car in the brushed class has been pretty dominant so as they say...... dont fix what isnt broken
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    hmmmm not sure 100% off hand if my rig is left side heavy or not. but with the track surface which can be extremely loose because its litterally sand when it dries out you need as much forward bite as possible. which my forward bite is great as is. the front tires on it now are just skating across the top because there street tires. they worked for another guy so i thought i would try them out. i might leave the right front street tire on with the slash 4x4 offset and throw my trencher back on the left front with the stock 2wd offset. that way it will add a little more weight over that corner to help

as for shock oil when rag was up here for the weekend i had 30w in the rear and 45w in the front. i have since dropped the front down to 35w and it helped out. i know i just flat out need lighter springs up front as well though. i have the losi ten scte shocks with there light weight spring kit all around. rears are good but front still to stiff. so i will be getting some options over winter for next season.

and rag................ what the heck is a telluride? lol
    would say your front weight is, way to heavy.. I run on a hard packed sandy track as well.. As you can see in the pictures. When it's loose you want lighter weight oil to react quicker when your gaining and loseing traction.. I have ten t shocks also so our weights of oil would react similar.. Your front right is what turns you.. when I go around the turn I'm actually biting so hard I carry the front left through the lsat half of the turn as I'm getting on the throttle..

RC Qualifier
    That would make sense, on dry slick tracks you want lots of side bite (right side tires gripping). If it'll pick the LF off the ground id say youre right where you need to be.

RC Qualifier
    Ya its running real quick.. My 2wds are both running real quick..
    Dontlift do you know much about 4wd setups if so pm me.. My 4wd is running well but not even close to it's potential

so what weight oils are you running then? what springs?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    22 up front thirty in rear.. 4.2 front right.. 3.9 front left.. Back left 3.6 back right 3.0.. And I'm running taped stadium truck calibers m4s.. Then adjust them accordingly.. You want to make sure you have at least a lil up travel left.. If there fully extended with no up travel after driving and adjusting then switch to a harder spring.. Going into the turn and through the middle you wasn't your weight transferred towards front right then as you start to power out you wasn't weight transferred towards right rearwhich then drives you out of the turn..
    Last edited by jfbaucom; 08-15-2013 at 01:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-lar...t-up-help.html

Read and print this off.. Huge help fire while your racing btw heats

Quote Originally Posted by jfbaucom View Post
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-lar...t-up-help.html

Read and print this off.. Huge help fire while your racing btw heats

great info! A++++++ for the link man! see......... this is why i love this forum i will be putting this all to work in the very near future!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Isn't that link awesome.. I use it every weekend

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I just went and bought me a new body, 08 will see it next Sunday for racin'!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    I just went and bought me a new body, 08 will see it next Sunday for racin'!
    sweet, cant wait to check it out at the track.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I won't have it this weekend, AMain likes slow free shipping and the paint couldn't be shipped anything else other than ground, so it'll be here this Tuesday.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

ok, so the slash 4x4 offset street tread on the right front with the 2wd trencher on the left front wasnt bad. but i think im going to try cutting the wing down a hair and maybe sliding the battery forward one position for next weekend. a spring selection for next season is for sure though.
    Drag It!

ok ill update tomorrow how it works out but for now i just cut the wing down by 1" exactly. because the more i thought about it, i didnt really start having steering issues until i added the wing........... and theres so much down force that sometimes if i hit a bump just right it would yank wheelies down the strait aways. so the battery will be left as is for now position wise and hopefully a little "less" forward bite will get rid of my major push issue i have now.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I don't got a wing and I dunno what the heck my camber is at, and it is dialed in perfect lol
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

yeah the truck doesnt turn like it used to..... sure does have a load of forward bite though. you have seen me fall back in the corners and then hit strait aways and just blow past 3-4 people at once lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I just have problems of turning sometimes, I don't have enough throw. Bearings probably should be ordered for the bellcranks lol
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

well clipping that inch off the wing helped i would say. the truck actually turned again, to the point where i could have the back end just a little loose if i wanted. took third in my heat which was everyone at once for the first time. then i took first in the main event to bring home my 4th feature win
    Drag It!

ok, been a while but im back on the forums again lol. so ive been in search of softer front springs. the shocks i am running are losi ten scte and i already have the soft set from losi. well going off the spring chart i found from jang i ordered some 2" 2.5ppi springs. well............. turns out there for stock traxxas shocks not losi shocks......... the new spring litterly fits in the middle of the losi springs im running now.......... so now im debating on what to do..... i mean i have spring options if i run the stock traxxas shocks. i never had a problem with them originally. i just thought i should upgrade. i have the hardend shafts in all my shocks and then i bought strc aluminum caps. well those leaked from day one and i believe damaged the bladders to. so i then bought traxxas caps but not new bladders. still leak some. but im thinking about just going back to traxxas shocks and working with them.

thoughts?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    i still run the stock shocks and the only problems i have is busting a shock cap off when i hit to big of a jump, but since theres no jumps on a round track you should be just fine. i run losi xxx springs and they fit perfect, also a pretty good selection. (they do have a 2" 2.5ppi spring)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...&x=-509&y=-194

RC Qualifier
    my stock shocks have been great in with the velineon n titan never bent n never popped a cap. n thats at skateparks n 1/8 scale track jumps. but day 2 with castle 3800 they look like fish hooks, second set blew every other minute n bent about 60 degrees while at 1/8 scale track. now onto big bores - Fingers crossed there doing good sofar.

Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    i still run the stock shocks and the only problems i have is busting a shock cap off when i hit to big of a jump, but since theres no jumps on a round track you should be just fine. i run losi xxx springs and they fit perfect, also a pretty good selection. (they do have a 2" 2.5ppi spring)

Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post

the spring your refering to being part number losa5128 are the exact springs i bought that fit the stock shocks but not my losi ten scte shocks. they litterally dont even fit over the body lol
    Drag It!

I remember the oil in your shocks (30 wt I think), felt thicker than 50 wt in my big bores. Have you tried 20 or 25 wt?

the oil i had in my shocks when you were up here was 30w in rear but 45w up front lol. ive since dropped down to 35 and 30 but the springs are too stiff plain and simple. they dont compress at all when you drop the car from say a wheelie, and the car doest even transfer weight when cornering because it cant due to the springs being to stiff lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    ok, been a while but im back on the forums again lol. so ive been in search of softer front springs. the shocks i am running are losi ten scte and i already have the soft set from losi. well going off the spring chart i found from jang i ordered some 2" 2.5ppi springs. well............. turns out there for stock traxxas shocks not losi shocks......... the new spring litterly fits in the middle of the losi springs im running now.......... so now im debating on what to do..... i mean i have spring options if i run the stock traxxas shocks. i never had a problem with them originally. i just thought i should upgrade. i have the hardend shafts in all my shocks and then i bought strc aluminum caps. well those leaked from day one and i believe damaged the bladders to. so i then bought traxxas caps but not new bladders. still leak some. but im thinking about just going back to traxxas shocks and working with them.

thoughts?
    use xo1 springs, they come softer and fit the losi shocks I have the .7 and .9.. the orange ones I am running now on the front

hmmmmmm intresting............ which ones would i need? front or rear? mostly just need springs for the front of my losi shocks. the rears are pretty good.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I agree on the rears being good.. Just get the front ones.. There a bit shorter but there softer just turn the tightness down.. I really like mine

ok, so its been a hot minute since i posted in here or on the forum in general. but now that winter is winding down im working on getting ready for race season. i have a few selections for springs here and more on the way. now that the springs are not retarded stiff i should be able to set my truck up alot better now.

but im wondering about the protrac suspension now.

who runs it?
    how does it make a difference?
    is it worth the money for me just doing dirt oval? or is it more suited to a vehicle that hits jumps?

just cant decide partially because i already have mip dogbone/cvd axles out back that would become useless along with needing to get tires put on the new rims
    Drag It!

springs are in. street tires are still on. so hopefully plan to do some tinkering on sunday if the weather stays decent outside. just need to install my springs. ill put the next stiffest ones on and test them first and then do a little testing on the even heavier set. granted i wont be able to get things exactly where i want running flat pavement in an oval vs a banked dirt track but ill be able to see if my back end is still dropped excessively and such.
    Drag It!

well today the weather was just beautiful. the back stretch of the track was still to wet to run on so we narrowed it and made a rough lane through the infield so we could still run. but i now have the medium springs out of the 3 stiffnesses that i bought for front and rear on and the truck was handling just amazing compared to last year. the truck rolls some in the corners now, it rotates around when i get off the throttle. it was just a thing of beauty compared to last year. some more fine tuning and practice and i think i will have an in your face kind of truck this year
    Drag It!