Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    gear up a tooth, it will pull a little more for ya.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

now what about batteries? all mine (that i race with) are currently 25c 5000mah duratrax onyx 2s lipos (weight 288 grams). how many c's do i need? ive been eyeballing some spc lipo's because it seems like alot of people like them.

they offer

30c 5000mah 2s (weight 275 grams)

50c 5400mah 2s (weight 290 grams)

50c 6500mah 2s (weight 330 grams)

65c 6500mah 2s (weight 300 grams)

now i can save a little weight and still gain 5 c more than my current batteries at the cheapest option with the 30c 5000mah pack. but for only 2 grams more weight i can jump up to the 5400mah 50c pack which costs about the same as my batteries i have now. but the 30c is lighter than i have now and a higher c rating for only $27 each. the 50c 5400mah pack jumps the price up to $46 each.

and ill note that ive been running out front with my 25c packs now. i guess my biggest worry is for when i upgrade the motor/esc is a 30c pack going to be enough? thats what it comes down to i think.

opinions?
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I really like the Velineon for that track. It has good speed, but the acceleration is really good. It has a balanced kV rating, so you don't run hot and you get decent performance. I get a good deal of low-end grip (at the starting line for example) and I seem to pass a ton of people when I lay on the throttle around half.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    I really like the Velineon for that track. It has good speed, but the acceleration is really good. It has a balanced kV rating, so you don't run hot and you get decent performance. I get a good deal of low-end grip (at the starting line for example) and I seem to pass a ton of people when I lay on the throttle around half.
    thats what i was saying. im pretty happy with the velineon overall. but i need something for my slash 4x4 still. so why not buy something that would be more adjustable for the track that doesnt have to be waterproof for example with maybe a little more kick than i have. then ill just put the velineon system on my slash 4x4
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Just curious, why can't you run oval bodies?

The 3800 can do duty in both trucks and not break a sweat. It is a clear choice imo.

Cant wait to see some more laps 8)

RC Qualifier
    Most of the guys at the track run EZ-Runs, they seem to work fairly well. I just see them having more problems with them, like ESCs frying and motors not ending up very well. But then again, some people have had good luck with them.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by scootroc View Post
    Just curious, why can't you run oval bodies?
    thats a good question................ i would actually really like to run something like a modified body to. my only guess is because sometimes we smack eachother around pretty good so they want the bumpers exposed front and rear especially.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The 3800 can do duty in both trucks and not break a sweat. It is a clear choice imo.

Cant wait to see some more laps 8)

kinda what im thinking as well here rag. i think that will be my option once i am ready to pull the trigger. i even looked on ebay to gather prices already. sct race pro setup for under $200 shipped isnt bad if you ask me. im just looking forward to the adjustability of it compared to the velineon system........................

so rag................. when you gonna come and race with me?
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    And me?! I would like to see him.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    thats a good question................ i would actually really like to run something like a modified body to. my only guess is because sometimes we smack eachother around pretty good so they want the bumpers exposed front and rear especially.
    With a full-fendered late model body you have protection over every wheel, plus all the added aerodynamic advantages. You'd be surprised at just how much better your car would handle by changing the body.

On motors, I agree with rag. I've been running the mmp- first with a 4600. I changed to the 3800 and went faster on the clock.

On springs, the Losi XXX series springs work great with TRX shocks. I'm using Integy threaded body shocks with nothing but good luck (all oval racing) with a mixture between Integy and Losi springs. The Integy springs are priced good - front and rear sets of 5 different tensions can be found on eBay from $12-$20.

For oils, I'm running 50 across the front, 40 on the right rear and 25 on the left rear.

Our track isn't quite as big as the one you're running on, but a decent size none the less. The bullring type tracks really put the driver into the equation much more than the super speedways (IMO).

We have a lot of fun. Here's a pic of my car for 2013.

(Shhhh - there's a Slash under there. Don't tell anyone. )

RC Qualifier
    I like the short course body, I'm not much of a fan of dirt oval bodies to be honest. Nothing like having a big ol' truck body on your Slash.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    I like the short course body, I'm not much of a fan of dirt oval bodies to be honest. Nothing like having a big ol' truck body on your Slash.
    That's cool. That's what makes us all unique!
    Personally, I like the look of the full-scale late models on the dirt oval.

RC Qualifier
    They don't look bad, but for what I use my Slash for it isn't a good idea. A nice Raptor body with a killer metallic paint job would look amazing.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

so rag................. when you gonna come and race with me?
    The Round trip will cost me 85$ in gas. Can I bring 2 other racers to share the cost? How much is it to race?

the more the better man. i would make sure to come on a weekend when you know it will be good weather though. and if you want to run 2wd sc just make sure they all conform to the rules. there pretty basic and nothing to harsh by any means. i think i already posted them here. maybe on the racing explained thread i had............ one of the two atleast.

racing is free though. unless you come on one of the 2 races of the year that are pay races that is. those ones are $10 i think. but your welcome to come back as well for those.

heres the facebook page where you can messege him with any questions though.

http://www.facebook.com/YrcRacing?fref=ts

edit: still looking for input on my battery question from a few posts above.

thanks
    Drag It!

Get the highest c packs/dollar.

This would be my pick, and when they come in stock, get 2 before they are sold out...
    http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...?productID=121

Let me converse with the greenwood crew about making the trip...
    Last edited by rag6; 05-02-2013 at 02:25 AM.

you would pick the pack that weighs the most lol. i was thinking the 50c 5400 because i dont really need a higher mah, and its lighter than the other one.

but yeah talk to them and see what they think. if you bring 2 others your looking at what $30 in gas and thats about it? other than little food ect. racing is free most times, and i like to bump some doors against ya lol
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I am brining my cousin out to the track this weekend, he's looking forward to racing his nitro stadium truck and his new buggy.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Well, its not just the cost of gas, but the cost of the taxi also lol. No big deal. It wont be right away, but we have all summer right? I am gonna convert my slash mt back into sct form for our track soon. So after that if the other guys want to make the trip...

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure you will all have a blast when you come for the first time, I sure did.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Well, picked up some badlands sc tires for our track, and dusted off an old proline chevy sc body today.

What tires are you guys, and others running there???

RC Qualifier
    Pretty much whatever we can find, I have some Pro-Line Suburbs on the back and Breakaways on the front.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

im running trencher m2 compound up front. then me and many others are running duratrax posse super softs out back.

some run the duratrax shotgun super soft, and i think someone has aka enduro super softs.

basically long story short you want the softest pin style tire you can get. next i will get another set of the super soft posse tires and then take stock traxxas foam, cut the inner lip for traxxas style wheels how they angle inside. Know what im talking about? but cut that lip off so its just flat across and then put that is the posse tire. it makes it crazy soft.
    Drag It!

I think some calibers may work. Does the track get a clean groove, or is it dusty?

RC Qualifier
    After you run it for awhile it starts to get dusty but not that much. Just enough to have it stick to your tires. We have an air compressor for that one.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

may work, but the pins may be a little to close on the calipers. just an fyi, they might clump up on you to early and cause you to loose traction.
    Drag It!

I like the price of the posse pre mounts. Could get them for the back, and work with what else I have.

What compound trenchers in the front? M2?

What diff are you running?

yup, M2 up front. i like the style of wheels i run, thats the only reason i didnt buy the premounts myself. as far as the diff im just running the stock diff with ofna diff lock in it.

heres a video from yesterday of me making some practice runs.

heres the first heat race which i was in. aka the slow heat lol, still working on my new setup

Last edited by 08kgraves; 05-05-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Aww, too bad you didn't get the feature. That was a really good race.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

That was cool. The guy that won that heat was running an interesting line.

I seen at 1 point that you were following that line behind 1st place, and it came around on you under power. Could you maybe put less diff lock in the diff to try to free it up just a little? What truck was that guy running, and any idea what diff wt he was running??? His rear end seemed locked in more than the other trucks. different tires?

RC Qualifier
    I found out if I go shallow into the corners, I can come out on the top half of the oval and get massive speed going into the straights. It works well, and the push of my truck helps that out just that much more. The LiPo 08 let me borrow made a world of difference both performance and handling wise.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

i have the second heat race and the main event to. i just have to upload them still. if you go off of where the trucks are at on the starting line up

james howard = slash 4x4 platnum lcg with center drive shaft pulled.

kenny graves = me of course

jeff sherry = venom something with mid engine setup, dont know what all is done to his.

matt blevins = hpi blits all stock with a brushless setup dropped in, 2.4 radio system, different springs up front and shock oil i think.

eventually im going to get a true sealed diff and put in mine though. and i honestly like a more solid rear end. so that being said it was recomended to run about 600w diff oil but i already have 1k so ill put that in it.

the problem for me is that the track changes as it dries out. and it changes alot. plus with me always changing my setup i never get dialed in fully lol. after the main i found my groove though where i was running on the moist part of track and i was just hooked up. slight slide in the corners and just a rocket down the strait aways.

oh and i finally temped my engine. with the gear cover on still im running about 140 after all out full pack. so i can gear up some lol.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I was rocking 170 with 50 laps down in your 5000, not bad for how long I was full throttle. I wanna see the other races!

If you guys wanna see some older footage before Kenny got to the track, I got this one uploaded:

I was running the green and blue Slash, it was the owner's. I ran it because I blew my VXL-3s.

Last edited by BanditTransit; 05-06-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

heres the second heat race from the other day. main as soon as its done uploading.

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I have no idea how I held onto that lead for so long, Nate almost had me for a second there!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Nice save from that little rub.("Rubbing is racing")
    I don't know how to do video's yet,but maybe I can snap a few pic's of the track were going to practice on today.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

heres what you have all been waiting for.......... the main event!!!!!! lol

Drag It!

Chuckworks A-O:
    http://chuckworksrc.com/Slice_A-O.php

Had not seen this previously. Dont know if I can pull off getting this before the end of the month...

RC Qualifier
    That seems like it has a very short wheelbase, but it could just be the way the photos were taken.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL