Thread: Speed run?

RC Enthusiast

Speed run?

I want to get this car. With stock motor vxl, can it hit 70mph? if yes, what is setup?

RC Qualifier
    I don't think your going to get 70 unless you risk running a 4s lipo but the motor and the esc are not rated for 4s so you would have to be very careful. I would just throw a castle combo in I'd you want to run at real high speeds
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Enthusiast
    can the transmissin handle 4s? also, the brush version have the motor mount for 540 size. Can the transmission handle this amount of power?

RC Champion
    I'm running a 1/10 VXL combo in mine and so far on 7.2v it's holding up fine since the tires break traction before anything important breaks.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Qualifier
    If you want good speed runs I would recommend going with a castle combo, either the sv2 which is a great bang for your buck or the mmp for some serious overkill. And then 3s or 4s lipos depending on which combo you go with. I think the transmission will be alright. I have an sv2 combo in mine but haven't really pushed it yet. Someone who has first hand experience with this would probably be best
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC poster
    With stock vxl in the car you cant run a 4s to high of voltage max is like 12.6 or something like that and the fastest I can get mine to go is around 40 or so then it gets really unstable and spins out and stuff and that it with the speed gear and 3s lipo in it. But it can handle what ever you throw at it have yet to brake anything knock on wood.
    If it aint broke your not trying hard enough.

RC poster
    I've hit 62 with mine, with big pinion and 3s. Getting ready to do a BB upgrade. Going to start with a big Velineon. Probably go to a 5600kv later in the Summer.

RC Champion
    Can't wait to see what this one does.(Castle 1/10 5700kv and a S2 running a 31t pinion/55t spur on paralleled 3s)
    Waiting on a new servo right now.
    Plus...gotta get my hands on either a small gps or a radar gun.

--
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker