RC Qualifier

Did I forget a piece on my Robinson Clutch?

I installed the new Robinson a few days ago on the 4910 <corrected trans. I noticed I was having trouble getting it adjusted nicely. The paperwork said it may need adjusting after breakin. I thought the nut was backing off so I threadlocked it with blue. I checked it last night, and again it's loser than it should be. I reread the directions and it says the small aluminium collar goes on the shaft first, before the clutch assembly? I assume it butts up against the bearing shoulder? I guess the hardened shaft will eat through the aluminium inner disc? I hate it when I have extra parts lol.

Last edited by Oldrcguy; 04-16-2013 at 06:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    On mine the aluminum spacer goes on the shaft before you slide the rear slipper disc on the shaft. Seems to work fine. Haven't noticed any wear yet.
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Qualifier
    Lol, that's what I thought ugh lol. It was late and I was tired lol. I have a 20T CB assembly coming, so maybe I'll wait until I get it, to tear it back down.

RC Qualifier
    Hey, it happens. I've noticed that 1/4 turn from fully tight is still too tight for my "and my center shafts" "liking. Just fyi. Start out loose to be sure.
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Qualifier
    Lol it was plenty lose lol. Anything beyond a light acceleration was blowing through the clutch wildly. I checked it and it was like 3/4 turn out. Tightened it, to 1/8th and it was fine. The next day I checked doing some maintenance, and it was 1/2 out. I suspect the shaft is trying to eat it's way into the disc.

Unfortunately we can discuss what kinds of parts/hop ups/engines can be used on Traxxas R/C's, but Traxxas does not allow direct support of Non-Traxxas RC issues.......

Best to contact the Mfr for support.
    NN
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous