RC Enthusiast

different starting system..

Does anybody know if there is a push button type starter? Like something that I can have a button on the controller to push to start when it stalls out down the street??

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.....-well-almost

I believe this may be what you are looking for... Also, it is the thread right below yours now. Search??
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I read the thread below mine...that is a homemade deal that doesn't have all tje kinks worked out...I am looking for one I can buy, ready to go right now...

RC Qualifier
    Ah, I apologize I did not know that
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Says it in the 5th post: Losi ROSS system.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Says it in the 5th post: Losi ROSS system.
    Will this system mount/work on my slayer pro 4x4??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kuca_2004 View Post
    Yes I read the thread below mine...that is a homemade deal that doesn't have all tje kinks worked out...I am looking for one I can buy, ready to go right now...
    Uh, the kinks in the starting side of it have been worked out for almost 2 years on my Slayer. It's the remote kill system I'm working on. It kills the motor fine, the bracket for the fuel valve just isn't as pretty as I'd like. Other than that it works perfectly. With remote start and remote kill it gets a bit complicated since it takes either a 4 channel radio or a servo programmed with no travel on one side. I might be able to come up with a mechanical solution to the programming, but since it works fine on mine I don't see the need. And it's on my Slayer Pro, so there's no reason it won't work on yours. I've put the same system (without the remote kill) on my 4Tec, and it works perfectly there, too.

More proof of it's function:

http://flic.kr/p/ec2Roq

Mine has an OS engine and a ton of other stuff, but it's not required for remote start. Just need the module, battery, and radio.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Ok SFT2.....I don't need the kill switch as I just want to start it with remote. So where can I purchase this starter? And how much??

RC Enthusiast
    Is there anything else I need to buy? I bought mine brand new so I have the new traxxas radio controller. Will that work the remote start?

RC Racer
    At the minimum you need a Losi ROSS module and harness, a small 6 cell NiMH pack or Losi Ten-T lipo, and a 3 channel radio. I got a Revo radio box, too. It holds, with some squeezing, all of the stuff. The battery I used is a Duratrax 6 cell 1700 mAH pack intended for some mini they make. I had to tear it down and rebuild the pack with 5 cells laying flat and the 6th on top of the 5th. I'll take a pic in a bit. The ROSS harness works fine except for the glow plug lead. You have to either change the glow plug socket to the one that comes with the Slayer or put a normal sized glow plug in the engine. The Traxxas plugs have a slightly smaller stem.

I'll get some detail pics of everything in the near future.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

RC Racer
    Theres no bolt on remote start system you'll need to get creative to make it work
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

Quote Originally Posted by kuca_2004 View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a push button type starter? Like something that I can have a button on the controller to push to start when it stalls out down the street??
    I would fix the stalling issue first...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly630 View Post
    Theres no bolt on remote start system you'll need to get creative to make it work
    True, but it took more effort to put in the center diff and rear brake than the remote start stuff.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
    True, but it took more effort to put in the center diff and rear brake than the remote start stuff.
    Really? I haven't done tat mod yet thats this summer. After my monster build is done
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Racer
    The center diff isn't really hard, just involved. Lots of stuff to pull off to get to the diff.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer Pro
    Nitro 4-Tec 3.3