RC poster

My revo 3.3 slug a rod thru the piston

I'm wondering since it did that can I buy a new sleeve and piston and install it and if it will be fine? Will I have to do the break in process again?

RC poster
    Hi. I am not professional but i as far as i know you need to do a break in process again. These are the main parts that's need to be done a break-in process again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Anytime you install a new piston and sleeve you have to break it in; those are the parts needing to be broken in. Flush the entire block out real nice and consider replacing the bearings. Don't need any debris dancing around in there.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    you should just do the engine replacement .. the price of piston sleeve and rod is very close to a new engine with e replacement plan or a new one on ebay... these engines are very cheap and very good .. not worth rebuilding especially when something fails like that... because you could also have bearing damage...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    Pics......... I wanna see pics... lol I know I'm sick.

RC poster
    I will add some pics when I get home today from work

RC poster
    put in a davis rod and you wont ever have to worry about losng another rod again!

RC Racer
    the 3.3 is a good engine i personally would consider an engine upgrade if the cash is available theres a few excelent replacment engines for the revo i had my 3.3 die early so never really got to put it thru its paces so i just went for the os.21tm just for quality and duribillity but theres various other options