RC poster

Thumbs up Revo 3.3 (5309) doesn't shift

My Revo 3.3 (5309) doesn't shift.
    I already read the manual and threads.
    My engine settings seems to be right; temp 260, I pinch the clip and truck shuts off after 2 sec and the idle seems normal.
    The truck has great power, but doesn't shift. Any new ideas? I really don't know what else to do.
    Thanks

RC Racer
    2 seconds sounds a little short for the pinch test. Does it rev up a little first before it dies when you pinch it?

Is the truck new?
    Have you tightened the slipper clutch?
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC poster
    I tried to follow the manual for the pitch test. How long do you recommend? Also, my slipper seems to be tight, not over tight. How much is too tight? The manual recommends you not too tight too much, so I was concern.
    It is not a brand new truck, I bought used but it is in a great condition and wasn't used too much.

I also went to the support page and followed the procedures described, but still didn't shift that's when I decided to ask for further help here.

Thanks
    Last edited by fenemer; 04-16-2013 at 07:52 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fenemer View Post
    I tried to follow the manual for the pitch test. How long do you recommend? Also, my slipper seems to be tight, not over tight. How much is too tight? The manual recommends you not too tight too much, so I was concern.
    It is not a brand new truck, I bought used but it is in a great condition and wasn't used too much.

I also went to the support page and followed the procedures described, but still didn't shift that's when I decided to ask for further help here.

Thanks
    Pitch test? Do you mean pinch?

As for the tightness on the slipper clutch I usually go to the bottom with the nut and then loosen it up 1/4 - 1/2 turn.

When I get home from work I will go through my trucks setting on the shift point and see if I can get a specific amount of turns out from bottom and up (if there is a bottom)

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fenemer View Post
    I tried to follow the manual for the pitch test. How long do you recommend?

Thanks
    3-4 seconds on the pinch test with a slight rev from the motor before it shuts off. If it doesn't rev slightly then your a little lean. If it revs for 5 seconds or longer then your a little rich.

Hope this helps with the pinch test at least.

If your slipper is set at an 1/8 to a 1/2 turn out then the shift point may need adjusted.

It'll say in the manual how to adjust it.
    I believe you do all the adjusting when the engine is up to running temp but with the motor off.

Turning the shift point screw clockwise will make it shift later or not at all, turning the shift point screw counter-clockwise will make it shift sooner
    Find a happy medium between the two and hopefully all is well and she's shifting properly.

All the instructions are on page 35 of the manual too.

Oh and do your engine tuning with a half tank.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-16-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: merge
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Competitor
    As for the setting on the transmission when to shift i found that my trucks setting were on approx 6,5 turn out from the bottom. since its practically on factory settings still (new BIG air filter, did not want to take any risc as i've already blown one engine on it )

Hope it helps.

Take one of the supplied allen wrenches, put it through the hole in the input shaft to lock the shaft. Then spin the spur with a finger or thumb. I tighten mine to the point that it puts nice indents in my finger before spinning and takes some effort to move.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    [QUOTE=Northleaf;5482014]Pitch test? Do you mean pinch?

I meant Pinch - sorry I was typing from my phone...

RC poster
    Thanks for the recommendations, I will try to tighten my slipper more and see how it goes, but I will have to wait until the weekend comes... busy working week!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Take one of the supplied allen wrenches, put it through the hole in the input shaft to lock the shaft. Then spin the spur with a finger or thumb. I tighten mine to the point that it puts nice indents in my finger before spinning and takes some effort to move.
    I checked my slipper clutch as soon as I got home and it is very tight. Any other suggestions? I mean, should I open the transmission? What should I look for besides to see if the clutch is properly working.
    Last edited by fenemer; 04-16-2013 at 09:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    have you checked your secondary clutch within the transmission?

I had a similar issue when I broke my revo in I think I over adjusted the shift point to make it later and as a result the arm on the secondary clutch became worn and then would not catch on the 2nd gear cog pins..

its an idea

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoDeano View Post
    have you checked your secondary clutch within the transmission?

I had a similar issue when I broke my revo in I think I over adjusted the shift point to make it later and as a result the arm on the secondary clutch became worn and then would not catch on the 2nd gear cog pins..

its an idea
    Thank you very much!
    Actually i just changed my secondary clutch and I am pretty positive you are right on. Although, I didn't have chance to test the truck yet, because now I think the HSN is clogged. but, I noticed a big difference between them
    (I can't prime the fuel to the engine... so as soon fix this additional issue I may be able to test.)

RC Qualifier
    nice one, cheers mate...