RC poster

traxxas revo 3.3 will not stay running!

hi everybody any help would be much appreciated. my traxxas revo wont stay running but it starts very easily, it will run for about 10 to 20 seconds maybe a lil longer sometimes then will shut off. or as soon as i start to try and drive for ward it will shut off. im pretty sure all the pipes and gas tank lid are fine. ive fixed this truck alot of times for different reasons but this one has me stumped. it has started doing this after the spur gear screws came out and the spur gear fell of, so i decided to take the engine off and give the car an overall clean. but when i put it back together this is what happened. ive tried to put the needle back to factory settings but before that i had it tuned pretty well.

please help!

RC Qualifier
    Try a new glow plug.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC poster
    depending on how old this engine is and how lean you run your truck the piston and sleeve may need replacement. I had the same issue with a t maxx. the truck would start right up and run really strong for about 10 minutes then it would shut off and would not restart until the engine cooled back down.

If the engine is somewhat new then you most likely have an air leak either in on of the fuel lines or at the fuel tank its self.

good luck with the diag

RC poster
    yea the engines quite old, but i dont run it lean at all. i just checked the glow plug it seems to be glowing fine. but i noticed that it runs as long as i leave the glow plug starter on but when i take it off it stops straight away or runs for a few seconds then stops. could this mean the glow plug needs to replaced???
    Last edited by shaun_d; 04-17-2013 at 12:54 AM.

RC Competitor
    Maybe,try it...also checks if the fuel tank oring is selling well.

RC poster
    the oring seems to be sealing well i get a popping sound when i open it and theres no gas coming out when i turn it upside down.