RC Racer

2x Lipo Series connection question...!!!!!????

Hey Y'all, last night I installed my Tekin T8/RX8 combo on my EMBE.... Its awesome... I love sensored operation...Be that as it may I had a Question... I rigged up the series connection right off the ESC so I could run my 2x 2s lipos in series, or my 3s lipos in series like the Mamba monster ESC that comes stock.. If I wanted to make an adapter that I could plug in to the two plugs of the series connection to enable me to take it back down to run just one 4s lipo how would that work?

Would I rig up a male connector with the standard positive and negative wires coming out up to 2x female plugs, one with just a positive end and the other with just a negative end so that those two female ends would plug into the series connection off the esc only making contact with the positive and negative ends and leaving out the series wire in the middle?

I made one of those last night, and wanted to ask before I tried it out and blew up my truck or something... LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't think it is possible, It would be better have a single connector right off the Esc, and then have a series connector.

RC Racer
    That sounds like a better idea, I'm gonna undo all my traxxas plugs on it this evening and revamp the plugs and junk to do just that... I figured that what I made would work, because if you disregard the black wire that goes from the negative side of the one plug to the positive side of the other, you have one plug with a negative wire, and one plug with a positive wire, so I guess in theory if you plug in a plug to each one with only the positive wire on one and the negative on the other, leaving the opposite sides with nothing in them where the series wire is and run each of those wires to one plug to plug in the battery it would work...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think the simple the better, that way you can run batts in series with the series connector, and remove it for a single batt config.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 05-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.

RC Racer
    My main goal was to not butcher the MMM esc incase it fails I can send it to castle for $70.. if its all jacked around they won't take it... Ill look at my wire situation and trx plug supply and see what I can do, I agree, simpler is better.....

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    So right now your speed control has 2 connectors in series and you want to run a single 4s? If that's so, just grab a female connector and solder a 12 gauge piece of wire from + to - This way the current simply flows through the connector with no modification required.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Racer
    Its the MMM out of the box, with the standard series setup on it to run 2 batts.. I made an adapter with a male plug on one end and 2 female plugs on the other.. the + wire only from the male goes to a female end that plugs int the + side of the series connection and vice versa with the - side. The 2 females only have one wire each, one is + one is - so when plugged into the stock series connection it bypasses the black wire running between the - side of the + plug and the + side of the - plug... Dang, I hope I said that right... Hopefully it works I havnt tried it yet...

Alrighty folks, I was making that way too complicated yesterday..... I figured out a much easier way.... Take a female plug, solder traxxas high current tabs to each end and plug both ends of the same wire into the female plug, make a little loop with that plug... Plug that female plug into the male side of the esc with 2 black wires and the battery into the side with the red and black wire.... Good to go... Way easier than that connector I made...
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-07-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    so you did the same as the MMM series connector now? with my MMM to run single batt I normally take the middle wire and connect red/black to one male plug, this way I don't have to much connection going on.

RC Racer
    What Zball said is what I ended up doing.. Didn't quite understand what he was saying at first.. but for me to run a single battery right now I made a female plug with one piece of wire going to both the + and the - side... plug that into the male end with 2 black wires to close the loop and the battery into the red and black side .... G2G