Thread: High idle

RC Racer

High idle

So, my kids truck (tmaxx 3.3) is idleing high. I've pulled the engine, completely sealed it, checked the fuel system for leaks, set everything back to stock settings. It still idles high and has way less power than it should. Why. I replaced the bell clutch as he broke the spring. What could it be?

RC Enthusiast
    Did you put the high speed needle, low speed needle, and the idle screw at stock settings? If yes, clean and re-oil the air filter. Check the fuel tank, there is a metal "filter" which filters fuel before going in the fuel line. Check this. Change the glow plug ( even if i think the problem is not from here but its still better). Check the pipe, if it is loose or has a leak. And one last thing : What fuel do you have ?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
    Revo 3.3 #5309. 25% Nitro fuel.

RC Racer
    I set everything to stock, a clean air filter. I'm running the sidewinder 20% fuel. I have replaced the glow plug. I even replaced the engine with the one I took out of my revo, same thing. But the thing is its getting lots of fuel (dripping out the exhaust) and LOTS of smoke.

RC Qualifier
    Well it sounds really rich, but I think it's in your servo, it's not bad it just needs to adjusted.

RC Competitor
    When you get it warmed up start backing out the LSN and see if it won't start to idle down. One of mine was doing this and that's what I found wrong with it, it was running hot also and that cooled it down too. Once I did that, I started turning the HSN clock wise little by little and picked up a lot of power I was not getting, making sure I still had good smoke and a decent temp. Just my 2 cents.