new M2 trenchers already down to 2/3 tread!

ok, so i just bought proline trencher sc for my slash in M2 compound. i taped them then glued them to DE Racing Trinity wheels, well i dont know that i even have 10 full battery packs through them and there down to 2/3 tread on my rear tires already. i know its probly just from me running on mosty pavement and having wheel spin most of the time though lol. i mean i am running on 3s lipo and 2s

anyone else blow through rear tires this fast? lol

anyone have a suggestion for good street tires that wont wear down crazy fast? lol

i prefer unglued so i can tape them myself. i was thinking about the ones from proline.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

I have proline streetfighters
    But there are those ones from dynamite
    There called robber
    You can get them un mounted too
    I've heard very good things about those tires
    Apparently they wear less then the streetfighters but still have amazing grip
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    if you like to drive hard on pavement no tires are going to last. I have m2 trenchers that are 2 years old and still have 98% tread left. I try to only run them in grass and dirt, and when i do drive on pavement i dont spin the tires. I used to drive hard on pavement until i realized how much i was spending on tires.

Proline street fighters are very nice, in m2 compound they dont spin at all on pavement, your truck will flip over backwards easy. these still wear though, but they wont wear nearly as fast as trenchers, or any other offroad tire

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAPES&P=ML

yeah, i figured it was just me lol. if i dont wont to go broke i guess ill just have to ease up alot lol. i want to get some street tires for it still though. those robbers dont look to bad kdvanb. i would buy just tires though so i could tape the inside.

i might give them a try though thats for sure. and after first time running offroad with my trenchers in the type of terrain i would be in most, i think i should have gotten badlands. so when these where out or when i have money ill mount some badlands on matching wheels for my off road fun.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    My badlands wore out a lot faster than my trenchers, off road only.

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    yeah, i figured it was just me lol. if i dont wont to go broke i guess ill just have to ease up alot lol. i want to get some street tires for it still though. those robbers dont look to bad kdvanb. i would buy just tires though so i could tape the inside. .

Yeah
    I want to get those once my streetfighters go bad
    I've seen them mounted up on proline split sixes
    Man do they look sharp
    They look like NASCAR tires aha

But I think el sob has a rather large thread on these tires
    Just search for dynamite robbers in the search engine on the forums
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Rotate the tires from front to back and they will not wear as fast

yes, that is true madd, but do you forget that they have different offset from front to rear on a slash 2wd? i dont have the protrac susepension or anything.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    My badlands wore out a lot faster than my trenchers, off road only.
    what compound tires did you have though? and what was offroad terrain? gravel? or just dirt?

i just need more of a bigger more spread out deeper pin thats hard so it doesnt bend over so it can get the penetration to grab traction where i run alot.
    Drag It!

I also rotate them side to side when I can't go front to back.

Is one side wearing faster than the other?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

no there wearing evenly, no camber issue or anything like that. just from blowing the tires off all the time, and i know it lol. i went out and finished running my 3 cell earlier and was practicing not spinning the tires lol. the holes i drilled in the body kept me from flipping over finally (so far). i think it just comes down to needing street tires for the street, along with an lcg chassis lol.
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    i have a set of anaconda tires on mine and they are soft compoud and if had them for 4 months and they still have a lot of tred try a set of those.

RC Qualifier
    that's your problem I run trenchers m2 compound on off road only and they look like new still and estimate of 20-30packs

Quote Originally Posted by Madd802 View Post
    Rotate the tires from front to back and they will not wear as fast
    Rotating doesn't slow down the wear, all you're doing is taking the front tires which barely wear because there's no pressure on em and put em in the back like a lot of people do on real cars, yea you get longer life by putting bald tires in the front but it's not slowing anything down
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-15-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: merge

ok cool, thanks for the tips and suggestions everyone. gotta say its still fun to drive not blowing the tires off all the time lol
    Drag It!