RC Competitor

Slipper kit options

Finally I have gotten around to upgrading my brushed erevo into a brushless, got alot of the parts in and such but I was wanting to upgrade the slipper unit on it from the stock and was wondering about my options.

I see Robinson Racing has a gen 3 slipper unit in 65T and 60T with a hardened steel spur gear, but I do not see many people running these, is it because the traxxas HD slipper unit with aluminum pads is superior, or because of the steel spur gear? I would be using it with a hardened steel pinion with the HPP motor brace as well if it makes a difference.

Is there any other options for slipper units to consider?

Trying to make this thing as unbreakable as I can, the Mitch316 thread has been extremely valuable to this process, but did not see anything on the slippers, unless I msised it.

RC Competitor
    Many people don't like steel spurs and look at the plastic spur as a weak link to prevent damage to other components. Also, with the Robinson unit you do not have the option of changing gearing with the spur beyond the two options available. I have the Robinson units in both a Summit and brushless ERevo. Definitely like it better for the Summit. Not as sure about it for the Erevo but I haven't broken anything (yet). I do crawl with the Summit mostly though.

RC Competitor
    Hot Racing makes a double slipper clutch. Just need to buy 2 sets of the aluminum pads from traxxas and it bolts right on the stock plastic spur. Steel spurs are just too noisy for me.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=TRX15GP;c=431

RC Competitor
    figured it might have something to do with the steel spurs, I think I might either go the Traxxas HD kit or perhaps give the hot racing ones a try. Thanks for the replies.

RC Qualifier
    i suggest running a 54 tooth spur.