RC Enthusiast

Best lipo for the money

I just got my castle creations sidewinder sct in the mail. I'm trying to find a good lipo on a budget. I got a venom 5000mah 2s lipo off eBay but I'm not to happy with it so I'm probably going to be sending it back. Any help would be amazing

RC Racer
    Check out spcracing.com. Great batteries and prices. Trick is getting them while they are in stock, which they are out of stock on most batteries at this particular time
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    This is what i got 2months ago 5000mah 30c 2s lipo. good power from start to finish n last for a long time.
    http://www.spcracing.com/index.php?productID=125
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    Venom lipos are actually good lipos but of course they're expensive, did you buy a used 1 off ebay?, but yea another alternative is SPC or SMC, good lipos at a GREAT price but like they said above they're usually out of stock

RC Qualifier
    I got this one...It's great http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=121

My vote is for SPC. Not even so much because of the price. They're top quality batteries regardless of how much they cost. Even if the prices were doubled, I would still say they're well worth it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    My vote is for SPC. Not even so much because of the price. They're top quality batteries regardless of how much they cost. Even if the prices were doubled, I would still say they're well worth it.
    Yea it's not just the price that sells me but performance, punch, and runtime, I haven't owned em long enough to vouch for overall life but another plus I like is they don't mind saying charge rates of 2c, I do wish they would make some mah ratings in the 7k range though

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    there is (15) 5400 50c 2s's and (1) 8200 50c 2s's in stock.
    Thats it for the bigger packs.

Demand for these packs go up and up, the specs and performance go up and up, and the prices are actually coming down for the higher rated packs. looks to me that Tom passes any savings he receives on to us. Harry is so right...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I got a used one off eBay. I'm looking for a couple good batteries for racing.

RC Qualifier
    Take it to your lhs and do a warranty on the venom lip. Get a newer one for a fraction of the price.
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah it's hard not to recommend SPC. I've never gotten anything but great packs from there. I think they are very fairly priced for the quality. Not only that but you aren't going to find a much better person than Tom to deal with. I think he's expecting at least a couple of popular packs back in stock by the end of the month.

RC Competitor
    I can also recommend SPC. I picked up this battery http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=121 , but it's out of stock now. With their prices and quality I guess these batteries get snapped up quickly. Just keep watching the site if you can wait. I'm very happy with the battery quality - wish I had ordered more than one when I had the chance!

RC poster
    valuehobby.com has gforce lipos. 5000 mah 2s hardcase 30c for only like 25 bucks and they are really good..so far

RC Champion
    SPC seems to be the battery of choice lately. I have 6 of them myself and the 2s @6500 mah 65 c do wounders in my Platiminum 4x4.....

The 5400 mah 50 c SPC batteries do very well also...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    < SPC vote here

RC Enthusiast
    I have a couple two year old Venoms that still perform well, and then one newer that doesn't?

I use onyx and venom lipos
    But if I lived in the states they would be SPC batteries
    Because they have low prices but great performance
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    I got smc-racing instead of SPC because they have great prices and a category called "out-of-spec specials". I bought their regular stock, but the fact that they test each batch of product and reduce prices if the manufacturer didn't measure up gives me a lot of confidence. I've been very happy, run two 5000mAh2S packs through about 40 cycles so far.