Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 93
  1. #41
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    152
    Im next to panama city
    Last edited by Crazyman94; 04-13-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Drive it like you stole it!

  2. #42
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sherbrooke Qc, Canada
    Posts
    159
    Infiniti G35 or G37 for rwd, G35x or G37x for awd?
    Tekin powered Summit

  3. #43
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eugene, Or
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    I am kind of getting scared of the thought of relying on a used BMW...too many bad stories...funniest quote so far


    I can imagine bringing my friends out to my backyard and showing them my BMW up on jack stands and telling them "that's the ultimate driving machine right there!"
    Exactly.. I had a 99 323i for about 4 yrs. It was in the shop every couple months with at least a $1000.00 bill. And I thought this hobby was expensive.

    Personally I like lexus, and the 05 LS 430 is what I would get if I were in the market.
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

  4. #44
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    I was just looking at a couple g35s on autotrader, I like the way they look a lot. And they can be had in a manual transmission, which I am really starting to lean towards. I will have to look at a few lexus and see if I like them.


    edit- No lexus in my search ranges, but the Infiniti is making quite a showing! I am really liking it more and more!
    Last edited by rjm2519; 04-13-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  5. #45
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    I think I have narrowed it down to either: Infiniti G35 sport or a Subaru Legacy GT

    I definitely want a manual transmission, the wife is going to hate this car with a passion that burns! She can't/won't drive a manual, she actually can a little just chooses not to. But after much deliberation I know in my head if I get another auto I won't be happy with it for long.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  6. #46
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,662
    Subaru all the way IMO.
    Land of the free?

  7. #47
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    If you can find a legacy you will be satisfied with it, its actually a good platform to make a good sleeper
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  8. #48
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    It is a great platform for a semi sleeper (big hood scoop kinda gives it away). They are just so darn expensive, some times I wish they didn't hold their value so well!

    I have found a few not too far, but the baby is due any day now so no test drives for a little while. I am limited to armchair test driving and searching autotrader.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  9. #49
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    It is a great platform for a semi sleeper (big hood scoop kinda gives it away). They are just so darn expensive, some times I wish they didn't hold their value so well!

    I have found a few not too far, but the baby is due any day now so no test drives for a little while. I am limited to armchair test driving and searching autotrader.
    Have fun with the search
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  10. #50

  11. #51
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  12. #52
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    462
    How about an outback. Lots of space for storage. OK ish mileage. Should get good performance with the right engine. I think all the subarus are easy to work on. I don't know if you like the look. It's on the same platform as the legacy:
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...43820732&Log=0
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

  13. #53
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    How about an outback. Lots of space for storage. OK ish mileage. Should get good performance with the right engine. I think all the subarus are easy to work on. I don't know if you like the look. It's on the same platform as the legacy:
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...43820732&Log=0
    The legacy 2.5 gt has more power and less cylinders, which ultimately leads to more fun and better fuel economy. But yes, the outback is a good alternative though. But rjm wants his mmmmm ppppp ggggg's!!!!!!!!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  14. #54
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    I think I have narrowed it down to either: Infiniti G35 sport or a Subaru Legacy GT

    I definitely want a manual transmission, the wife is going to hate this car with a passion that burns! She can't/won't drive a manual, she actually can a little just chooses not to. But after much deliberation I know in my head if I get another auto I won't be happy with it for long.
    My step mom had a G35 Coupe with a 6spd...but traded it in on a G37 Roadster 6 spd.
    Both are exceptional cars.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

  15. #55
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    How about an outback. Lots of space for storage. OK ish mileage. Should get good performance with the right engine. I think all the subarus are easy to work on. I don't know if you like the look. It's on the same platform as the legacy:
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...43820732&Log=0
    Not a big fan of the outback after 09 they look, well ugly. I really want a sedan this time around.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    The legacy 2.5 gt has more power and less cylinders, which ultimately leads to more fun and better fuel economy. But yes, the outback is a good alternative though. But rjm wants his mmmmm ppppp ggggg's!!!!!!!!
    Actually no it doesn't have more power it has less, but it can have as much power. Legacy 265hp, G35 306hp.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    My step mom had a G35 Coupe with a 6spd...but traded it in on a G37 Roadster 6 spd.
    Both are exceptional cars.
    I am looking into the g37 sedan as well they are nearly identical, but the 37 has more goodies.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  16. #56
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    945
    A VN Holden Commodore Aussies will know what Im talking about (they're really bad)
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  17. #57
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,683
    I had a VP, never let me down & I made money on it

  18. #58
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Not a big fan of the outback after 09 they look, well ugly. I really want a sedan this time around.
    I think you used to be able to get an outback in sedan trim but at that point you might as well get a Legacy. If you get a G35/37 you should be happy too.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

  19. #59
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    The outback was a lifted legacy, they used to share nearly all of their parts. The only difference was the struts and springs IIRC. I used to have an 07 Legacy, we ended up trading that for a Tribeca which is a great family car with plenty of get up and go, oddly enough it was also built on the Legacy platform.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  20. #60
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Actually no it doesn't have more power it has less, but it can have as much power. Legacy 265hp, G35 306hp.
    I was actually talking about outback vs legacy gt
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  21. #61
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I was actually talking about outback vs legacy gt
    Ok that makes sense now, yeah the outback is just so ugly, it is roomy though. But I see a few outbacks around here and I just don't get that feeling like I would pay to own one. If I won an outback in a raffle or something I would...well no I would probably sell it or trade it in for the car I really want, LOL!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  22. #62
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Ok that makes sense now, yeah the outback is just so ugly, it is roomy though. But I see a few outbacks around here and I just don't get that feeling like I would pay to own one. If I won an outback in a raffle or something I would...well no I would probably sell it or trade it in for the car I really want, LOL!
    Which is...?
    Land of the free?

  23. #63
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    I really want the Infiniti G37 sport! But, I may end up with a Legacy GT, the Legacy has the bigger back seat and trunk area and the rear seats fold down to open the trunk up more. Also the Legacy can tow.

    Our car seat squeezes right between the seats in my Forester so I am ok for a little while but I really don't like the fit. The forester is a decent work vehicle but that is really about it, it is definitely showing it's age.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  24. #64
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,662
    Which years are you looking at?
    Land of the free?

  25. #65
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    2007+ G37 or 2010+ Legacy GT

    For straight looks the G37 wins no contest.
    For performance IMO they are dead even with a slight edge to the LGT, with a Cobb AP and little else 300hp is very easy.
    For space/utility the Legacy it has a good 4 inches more legroom in the rear and a massive trunk.

    Unfortunately the prices and availability of an LGT make the G37 even more attractive...The wife hates them both equally, at least that was what I gathered from the looks she gives me when I am on autotrader, I will probably end up keeping the Forester as a back up or work car. It just isn't worth enough to trade in, maybe selling it would be a better option but at this point I would rather keep it just in case.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  26. #66
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wherever the RC's can go
    Posts
    98
    Dodge Charger hemi. It is a 4 door. RWD. Has some power in the punch. 31 mpg.

  27. #67
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wherever the RC's can go
    Posts
    98
    Plus, the Dodge Charger Hemi has 360hp Hemi v8. My bad, it was 23mpg. I know it was a little lower on mpg but it is worth getting. It is actually AWD. 5.7 liter. Optional stick shift (clutchless. normal is auto). $32,495. Spoiler wing added. Traction control.

  28. #68
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wherever the RC's can go
    Posts
    98
    I mean the Charger has 370hp. Sorry for messing up so much. I always get some stuff wrong about it.

  29. #69
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Charger was on my radar, but it is only available in auto 8 spd. Paddle shifters do not a manual transmission make, lol! It is a very nice car though.

    Really want a manual, and would be buying used so reliability and build quality were sketchy in the older dodge products.

    Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  30. #70
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wherever the RC's can go
    Posts
    98
    The hemi version has an optional one.

  31. #71
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    It has an auto 5 spd with autostick. Dodge only offers a manual on the challenger.


    Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  32. #72
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wherever the RC's can go
    Posts
    98
    The 2013 dodge charger r/t road & track has paddle shifters.

  33. #73
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,592
    Doesn't help your cause all that much, but im going to pick this up tomorrow





    Those Charger R/T are nice. If i was in the market for a car i certainly would have taken a look at them. Heck they were even a wild card in my searching over the last couple months. Took an SXT AWD for a rip. Decided i wanted to stay with a crossover.
    (RAH)≤ (AH)≥ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)≤ + (OOH)(LA)≤

  34. #74
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by RCROCKS75 View Post
    The 2013 dodge charger r/t road & track has paddle shifters.
    Clearly you aren't getting it, thanks for trying to help though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Doesn't help your cause all that much, but im going to pick this up tomorrow





    Those Charger R/T are nice. If i was in the market for a car i certainly would have taken a look at them. Heck they were even a wild card in my searching over the last couple months. Took an SXT AWD for a rip. Decided i wanted to stay with a crossover.
    I have put too much money into GM cars, and they just don't hold their value or their reliability very long. They are nice, at first but after a few years some of the dumbest things start to break. Interior door handles, power window switches, turn signal stalks...I will stick to cars that have a good reputation for their longevity.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  35. #75
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    I have put too much money into GM cars, and they just don't hold their value or their reliability very long. They are nice, at first but after a few years some of the dumbest things start to break. Interior door handles, power window switches, turn signal stalks...I will stick to cars that have a good reputation for their longevity.
    I agree with you on that, but my parents have almost no money in GM cars.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  36. #76
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gurley, Alabama
    Posts
    765
    A friend of mine bought A 2010 Hyudai Genesis for $21,000 A year ago, 332hp, 28mpg (avg.) rear wheel drive. It's fast and handles great, he scares the heck out of me in that thing. He hasn't had any problems at all with it, well except for tires and breaks (he needs to slow down).

  37. #77
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    A friend of mine bought A 2010 Hyudai Genesis for $21,000 A year ago, 332hp, 28mpg (avg.) rear wheel drive. It's fast and handles great, he scares the heck out of me in that thing. He hasn't had any problems at all with it, well except for tires and breaks (he needs to slow down).
    That was what piqued my interest in the Genesis, it is an awesome looking and powerful to boot! As well as roomy and comfortable! If it only had a manual transmission, if I end up going an automatic the genesis is the front-runner.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  38. #78
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,592
    The Genesis does come with manual... ???

    All trims have a manual or auto option. In Canada at least. are they all auto in the states?
    (RAH)≤ (AH)≥ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)≤ + (OOH)(LA)≤

  39. #79
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    Are you sure? Only transmission shown available on the Genesis is the 6 spd auto with shiftronic manual.

    Are you talking about the coupe or sedan? I am only interested in the sedan, which is only auto
    Last edited by rjm2519; 04-27-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  40. #80
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,592
    sorry about that, my mistake. yes the manual is only in the coupe. was late. should have been sleeping.
    (RAH)≤ (AH)≥ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)≤ + (OOH)(LA)≤

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •