Thread: Upgrading tires

RC poster

Upgrading tires

I wanted to upgrade my tires for my slash specifically for my track at my house generaly my track has hard packed slick straights and loose corners. Right now I have stock tires all the way around and I only have real problem on the straights. So I was wondering what the best tire combo would be for that type of track.

I should also mention its is very rocky and rough, seen how it is a home made track.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-12-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: merge

Jconcepts goosebumps
    Maybe a more aggressive tread?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Adidas5989 View Post
    I should also mention its is very rocky and rough, seen how it is a home made track.
    Then in that case go badlands
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-12-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: merge
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

yeah, the badlands will dig in more. also the trenchers would probably do alright. and be good on other surfaces as well.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    our backyard course is grass, hard packed dirt, and a gravel section and the trenchers have been a huge improvement. Bought trenchers and had them all around. have since went to stock tires up front n trenchers on rear.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    I use to bash my slash behind my house in the trails and it was kind of loose dirt on top and hard packed right under it with rocks and gravel and I upgraded to the trenchers and big improvement, it was almost impossible to spin out when I was even trying to and I was running medium compound so if you go softer it'll be even better traction, as for the badlands I haven't go to try a pair out yet but I hear good things about em and I will try them out eventually

RC Champion
    I've been impressed so far with the trencher-x sc tires I have on my slash. Excellent traction on all sorts of terrain.
    I don't drive on the pavement with them since I bought the soft compound.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC poster
    What about for durability or does better traction mean less durability?

RC Qualifier
    Softer the compound the better the traction but the faster they wear out and viceversa, but your terrain sound a lot like what I was bashing on with my trenchers and I had trenchers on the rear stock BALD bfgs in front and it was a lot more controllable good traction with m2(medium compound) and the tread is still really good

I'd go with proline calibers in a hard compound. My trenchers aren't good on a dirt track.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I'd go with proline calibers in a hard compound. My trenchers aren't good on a dirt track.
    I wouldn't recommend trenchers or badlands or anything type of tire like that for the usual race track but seeing that he said it's homemade, rough, and rocky, IMO he needs an aggressive tread and most likely medium compound at the most, I ran my slash at a homemade track as well and it was rough, loose, rocky, bumpy etc. sometimes it was so loose we had to run paddles out there

Maybe he should invite us all out there to try out his track.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    I live in New York not sure if anyone is close to here. I'll post pics when it is fully completed we just got some rain and it pulled a lot of rocks and roots up and not all the jumps and corners are finished.