RC Enthusiast

Question EZ Start or Pull Start ?

Hi,
    just asking : Which one is better ? Because when the Ez Start works, it is quite good but when the battery dies that's a pain.
    I asked to my hobby shop about replacing the Ez by a pull start and the guy said something like "The pull start only works when he's in a good mood."
    So I'm asking you, Revo guys, what do you think about this.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: language
    Revo 3.3 #5309. 25% Nitro fuel.

RC Qualifier
    I have pull start now, but not managed to get to use it just yet, I got tired of messing with batteries for the ez start as you have said..

not sure what he means by that comment but it is pretty tough to crank my engine over with the pull start but my motor is only just broken in and not really loosened up any yet.. to get around this Im gonna us a hair dryer to warm the engine a little to loosen her up before trying to start it..

oh, and the ez start didnt want to start the motor either because of the pinch it kept locking out at TDC and I would have to manually rotate the flywheel and try again..

I also baught a roto start backplate, this works well, but again you need the rotostart wand which requires a battery the sam as the ez start so defeats the point really, or a hand drill work jist fine, but then again who wants to carry a hand drill around the field as well as anything else your carrying...lol

I like the pull start better. If you have a decent tune, it should start up pretty quickly.

That being said, I did use the easy start for a year or two until it stopped working one day and I threw on the pull start. I never looked back.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Racer
    pull start i found the ezstart really problamatic and clumbersome its a good idea but personally i perfer the pullstart

RC Enthusiast
    I had the ez start for a couple of months on my used revo 3.3 I picked up. Never bad a problem with it, just sucked when the battery got weak. I got a new engine through the traxxas upgrade plan and it came with the pull start. Its great, never looked back. Its soo much cleaner and lighter so i really like it for that. And its never given me a problem,my truck always starts with less than 10 pulls.( cold start by the way)
    *REVO33
    *EREVOVXL
    *SLASH4X4
    *STAMPEDE
    *JATO33

RC Racer
    Pull start for sure. I was 100% ez start in the beginning, but was tired of the battery always going flat. Pull start is great as long as you have a good tune. Mine fires up first pull after priming. And it looks way neater!

RC Qualifier
    I wish they made A pull start upgrade for the EZ start. Just ad A rope and spring to the existing system,then we could have the best of both worlds.

I use the Duratrax Super Start Really like it.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Champion
    Pullstart all the way!!!!!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC poster
    I love the electric start. Easy to prime and starts right up.

I always carry a charged battery for the ez start just incase.

Never let me down

RC Competitor
    For as much as I'm starting the thing. Pull start would put me over the edge haha

RC Qualifier
    I think a 'bump box and a pull start' would be the best since you can use the box for cold starts from the tailgate and the pull start once she's warm.

I used my easy-start for the break-in on my new motors and then switch to pull start.
    Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 04-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Competitor
    While the electric start is nice to have, you get pretty anoyed with it once the battery starts to go bad and the wires don't really hold up forever.

Used it til it broke down on me and switched to pull start.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you guys for this advice. So let's do this! Installing it tomorrow. And the connectors on the battery box got pushed in.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
    Revo 3.3 #5309. 25% Nitro fuel.