RC Enthusiast

Stock ESC castle firmware

Hi !

I'm from Switerland, sorry for my english I hope you will understand what I mean....

Since the last update of the castle link (3.53.13), my firmware has lowered to 1.34. Before it was the last one (1.38 beta) and I updated to set the newest one, that is 1.39 beta. But instead of upgrading it downgraded to 1.34.

Now I'm unable to reset to 1.38 or 1.39.

And with 1.34 the ESC shut off a lot more often due to ESC too high temperature... I run high speed pinion and bash quite a lot...
    Is there a possibility to reset to 1.38 or 1.39. The last castle link software stay with 1.34, no new firmware detected !

I've tried to email Castle support NO ANSWER... Is the XL2 better than the stock ESC (or the new mamba ??)

Thanks a lot for your answers !!

Alex

RC Competitor
    What are you Doing bashing a Xo1

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    did you try to update the castle software on your pc?

Right now I am using v1.26, as I was having trouble with 1.39. 1.26 has always worked for me.

If you want the best customer service from them, call them. Every time I have emailed them, it takes forever.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    did you try to update the castle software on your pc?

Right now I am using v1.26, as I was having trouble with 1.39. 1.26 has always worked for me.

If you want the best customer service from them, call them. Every time I have emailed them, it takes forever.
    I have the latest castle software (3.53.13) Don't mix the castle software (3.5...) with the ESC firmware (1.34, 1.26 etc..)

With the latest software, I have only 1.34 firmware available...not the new ones 1.38 beta , 1.39 beta etc...

RC Qualifier
    Are you bashing with the XO-1 with the 34Z pinion + 6s? I dont think it is a good idea....

RC Enthusiast
    seems like the new castle link software downgrade instead of upgrade the ESC firmware... from 1.38 to 1.34 instead of 1.38 to 1.39 that is the last one...

Beware

RC Qualifier
    I think Castle has been having some issues with of some of their new software. I had to downgrade my MMP esc down because it kept taking off too slow and next thing you it would just speed up like a turbo kicked in.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!