RC Qualifier

Need a Second Opinion

I had my truck out the other day for the first time this season. Sometimes while starting out from a dead stop, I had a dead spot in my trottle (about 1/3 throttle). It was intermittant...sometimes I had it sometimes not. I think I have a dirty transmitter trigger pot. I don't think my ESC would do that. I figure my ESC would work or not work. What do you guys think?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like the radio just glitching a little
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    You could try a glitchbuster and see if it goes away.

RC Qualifier
    I agree. There is a chance it could be a receiver, also. What's a glichbuster?

RC Champion
    Glitchbuster is a capacitor which is sort of like a battery that stores electricity, pluged into the rx and helps with voltage drop.
    somthing like that. heres one with a good explanation
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novak-5626-N...item3cd06ef809

RC Qualifier
    I see, a little plug in cap being used as a Rx noise filter. I never thought of using one of those in an RC application. It makes sense though, if a person has a jittery servo problem. I don't think it would help me here, cuz I have a dead spot not the jitters. In airborn communications equipment, a noise filter is used to get rid of ripple produced by inverters, generators, and dirty power supplies. Thanks for the info EMAX. You guys have gotten my gears rolling again, and I'll tell you what I find, and how things turn out.

RC Qualifier
    Well, I got into fixing my truck yesterday, and it was the transmitter's trigger pot...it was dirty. I took both (steering & thottle) pots apart, cleaned the contacts, slapped them back together, and everything ran good on my bench. I should be good to go now. Thanks guyz for giving me a hand.