Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

tmaxx 3.3 engine/drivetrain

OK I am trying to understand the engine/drivetrain of my future tmaxx 3.3 that I will be buying. Does this truck have a torque converter sorta deal by the tranny or is the clutch bell thing shown on page 13 of the manual? Does that clutch bell ever wear out and will need new parts as tmaxx gets used? Also on page 13 of the manual that one small gear on the crankshaft on the end is that the gear that spins on the spur gear? Is the spur gear part of the transmission gear? To regear for more torque and less speed do I have to get a more teeth spur gear and lesss teeth spur gear for more top end speed but less torquey? do I have the spur gear understanding correct? That one small gear at the end of the crankshaft is that fixed or can it be changed for more top end speed or for more low end torque? Thanks for my simple questions. I just want to learn about the tmaxx.

Thanks.

RC Racer
    The gear on the motor is called a clutch bell. The gear on trans is the spur. The spur gear will wear more than the clutch bell. The clutch inside the bell is like a cintrifical clutch. The more Rpms the more it grabs. On the spur gear there is also a slipper clutch to save from sudden changes in torque like jumping and landing while on the throttle still. What all exactly are you wanting to know. Also Traxxas customer support is really good at answering questions and you'll get the answer now FYI

RC Qualifier
    u answered my question thanks.