RC Enthusiast

Cool T maxx parts list

so its been almost a solid year since i had my tmaxx going it all started with a fried piston and sleeve so i tore it down and set it aside. i also snapped plenty of the plastic axles so i decide to upgrade to the traxxas steel dog bone axles front went together fine one side of the rear and the other side the drive cups screw was stripped. so now i went out and got another rear end a new piston and sleeve head gaskets and drive cups and dropped a benjamin. Does anyone know of a good set of tires for the tmaxx? i found it fairly easy to burn off the old ag style tires with a fully spooled rear end.

RC Qualifier
    Tire choice really depends on what purpose you have in store.
    Street tires I'd recommend Proline Road Rage
    All purpose I'd recommend Proline Trencher X
    For extreme duability I'd recommend Traxxas chevron tires
    Loamy dirt track conditions I'd recommend Traxxas Sporttraxx.

For what it's worth..a spooled rear end is gonna wreak havoc on your running gear
    if you're using it for bashing. Spools are great for drag racing, and sled pulling maybe
    thats about all.
    With steel driveshafts the damage will be incurred somewhere else, like your diffs or tranny gears
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Enthusiast
    I found that out spooled rear ends are very hard to control due to tire drag. I'm now running an open diff. The thing I hate most is waiting on parts to come in. I'm also gonna need some pointers on how to do an engine break in

RC Qualifier
    When you lock a dif or spool it, it creates massive push (understeer) in the steering. The reason why, is both rear tires want to go in a straight line, they don't want to travel at different speeds around a turn, the outer tire goes faster then the inner tire, to make a turn. The only way you can get around this effect, is spin the rear tires to let the front bite enough to grab and turn. Remember the old Honda three wheelers that had a solid rear axle? And to turn, you had to allow the inside tire to spin by leaning out? Same principle. You would be better off putting a thicker oil in the dif, than solid spools, to allow it to slip during turns, but sort of lock up during acceleration. The weight of the oil used is governed by the temperature (cold oil is thick) and how much of this effect you want.

RC Enthusiast
    so my new piston and sleeve will be here soon anyone have tips for the break in?

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by rewstertmaxx View Post
    so my new piston and sleeve will be here soon anyone have tips for the break in?
    not really just break it in like normal, if your not used to breaking in a engine traxxas has break-in procedures listed here on this site...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Enthusiast
    Just a 3.3 motor with resonator tuned pipe

RC Enthusiast
    ok we can add a lil more to this list two new tires and a carb body.. should almost just buy anew block and cooling head while im at it lol

I would at minimum buy new bearings for it, or if the block isn't in giid shape you can get block & bearings off ebay for little money.

Block with both bearings, $15 shipped.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-TRX-...item5652eccd71
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    no im in good shape with my cooling head and block and bearings. was being sarcastic about the block i would like to start buying some aluminum parts for it but its spendy

RC Racer
    buy rpm a arms for the front and rpm true track rear. get rpm shock towers and big bore shocks with progressive springs and 80wt oil.as for the tyres all the guys will have different opinions on what to get but ive heard badlands are the way to go
    modded 3906 e-maxx

RC Enthusiast
    yeah im not to sure i almost pulled the plug and bought the true tracks before but would been broke the rest of the two weeks lol

RC Racer
    haha I picked mine up on ebay for a full rear set for $32 aussie lol. ebay is a very good place to look. if I ever finish building my maxx ill put pictures up. ive got rpm front and rear and shock towers. big bore shocks. hump pack battery. hitec servo and alloy horn. revo wheels with beadlocks. alloy turnbuckles. rpm hubs. traxxas steel axels. slipper clutch kod. ofna violator tank. integy progressive springs. etc haha wih alot more parts to pick up from my lhs
    Last edited by B3nno8; 04-08-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    modded 3906 e-maxx

RC Enthusiast

Angry really

Now my throttle servo and reverse servo went to crap throttle was split open got two waterproof 2056 servos 34 shipped
    Throwing rooster tails staying outta hay bails

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    im with wildman on the bearings... im gonna start replacing them anytime i rebuild an engine... take a look at what happened to my engine... if i wasnt seasoned it would have destroyed something major...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Maintenance!!!
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus