RC Qualifier

new QR1 and got a question

I just bought one of these today really cool little heli. question is I have not got to fly it a lot but I can't seem to get it to hover quite right it wants to take off backwards and I can't figure out what way to make adjustments with the trim buttons to make it more stable. I read through the instruction book and it dosent explain it very well
    can you all help out by chance?

I would reset the trims to zero or center then reset the stabilzation system, it is easy to do and explained in the video I will link below.

VIDEO LINK
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    After resetting the stabilization as noted above, just give it a little throttle to lift up and if it tries to move off vertical then set down and add some opposite trim to correct. Usually one or two clicks seems to get it pretty stable. Some people say they have been able to get a hover with no control input but mine always requires a little input to stay still. It may be better to use a level and make sure that whatever surface you have it sitting on when you reset the stabilization system is perfectly level. I just do mine on the floor but it could be a little off from level.

RC Qualifier
    thanks ill try and reset it and see if hat helps

RC poster

Cool Reversed Orientation...

Try this: It might be your Heli placement "orientation" is reversed! Place the Heli in FRONT of you - with the BLACK blades facing forward only, (the 'nose') the COLORED blades closest to you, (the "tail".) THAT is the proper orientation for ALL your T/Os, hovering & Lndgs until you start doing turns, etc. (Always orient the Black blades forward... give it a try. :-)) If the heli lifts off - with the colored blades forward -- you are actually taking off - reversed!

RC Enthusiast
    Ive read the instructions and watched the video and can't get the lights to blink..

D'reng
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarrokon View Post
    Ive read the instructions and watched the video and can't get the lights to blink..
    I've found that sometimes it is easier to do the stabilization reset in expert mode. Press down on the right stick to get it in this mode then do the reset. If you are just learning to fly be sure to press down on the right stick again to change it back to beginner mode before you take off.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea, putting it into expert mode makes it easier sometimes. Also if you want it to hover without any trim adjustments do the calibration then hover and remember what way it was drifting too then land with it the same way you took off and place a few bits of paper under the side that it was drifting too, it may take some time to get it perfect but that's how i do it without using trim

thanks