RC Qualifier

LVD kicking in too fast or??

Is it normal for the batteries to only charge up to about 4.15v and die at 4.0v

I don't know if thats normal with the micro lipos or if there is something wrong?
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

The charger is probably not the best on the market which would explain the 4.15V
    The 4.0V is way too high. It means you would only use a part of the capacity. What is your flight time?
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I figured it might have been normal for 1 cell lipos but somethings definitely wrong

Only get a few minutes of light floating...
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC poster

HELP Same issue you had

Hey there TQi! I am having the same issue you had. Did you ever find a cure for the battery LVD problem? I would love to know. I am in desperate need of help.

I too am having issues with the batteries to only charge up to about 4.15v and die at 4.0v. I Charge them, both with the USB and even tried my normal lipo charger, turn it on press full throttle and it instantly starts spinning and losing altitude. Only 5 seconds of flight any the voltage is 3.99V. I have two batteries and both are doing the same thing. Everything worked good for the first few days of flying, then this just started. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by llinneman; 07-08-2013 at 01:19 PM.

RC poster

PROBLEM FIXED: Battery Draining issue fixed, Inner Side Plates NEEDS to be re-worked

PROBLEM FIXED DR-1 : Part 6333, Inner Side Plates crack after hard tail landing. I figured out the problem with the battery draining so quick. I took it apart and found that both inner main frame side plates were cracked right behind the motors and the upper and lower gears had had teeth missing and were warped. This caused the motor gears to press hard against both gears and put an enormous strain on the motors and the battery. I replaced the inner main frame side plates and both gears, put it back together and it works great again. Traxxas needs to re-work the inner side plates to have more support because every time you hit the ground hard with the tail first it puts stress on the plates.