RC Qualifier

Need Help juicing up my original Slash!

Well my dream has finally come true, my 11 year old daughter is finally taking a real interest in the RC hobby. She drove at the local track for the first time and had some real fun. She has been using my old orginal Slash 2wd that I bought years ago (I am racing a Slash 4x4 right now and not using it), but the old 2wd drive slash is needing some additional speed to get over the double and triple jump as the brushed Titan motor just can't provide the power to make it. Its needs tires too but I already have some extra Barcodes that she can use to get her more traction.

I am unfortuneately not made of money. I want to get her some additional power through a brushless power plant without breaking the bank. I was wondering if someone out there could recommend a good solid reliable esc/brushless motor combo for a SCT that will wake up her Slash without breaking the bank. I am not brand loyal when it comes to electronics so open to any suggestions. The track we run on is a tight techincal track with not alot of straights. My Velineon motor in my 4x4 Slash does great on the track with stock Slash gearing. I guess I could always put another Velineon system in her truck but was hoping there was a system out there that was considerably cheaper then that.

She doesn't need and doesn't want crazy power, just something reliable to drop right in without modification and will get the job done.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or links to motor/esc combos that are provided.

RC Qualifier
    Castle sidewinder with fan on esc? If that's too expensive get an ezrun
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    Well exactly how much are you looking to spend on a motor/esc combo, also you say it's a tight track and you need to get it to clear some bigger jumps I'd go with a 4pole motor to have that torque/punch at low end and the temps will be better than a 2pole, also you can gear the car for more low end since you say there's really no straights, I know castle has some good combos for good prices and hobbywing also is a good company for the price, if you give us a estimate budget you can get some better opinions

RC Champion
    You can usually find a Castle SCT set up (3800) KV 4 pole motor with the new weather proof ESC on sale for under a $100 if that's within your buget.

Or as XRated mentioned Hobbywing has some combos in the $60 range.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the feedback so far...appreciate it.

Yeah my budget is no more then $100 I would say

I have heard some good things about the EZrun combo. Where is a good reputable online seller for EZrun?

RC Champion
    You can go to Hobbywing web site or HobbyPartz.com

I've used Hobbypartz with good results....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    You can go to Hobbywing web site or HobbyPartz.com

I've used Hobbypartz with good results....

Would this a combo that would get the job done reliably?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/car.html#scProductReviews

RC Qualifier
    or direct from falconsekido.com

That does look like a nice system,but as orca44 said,you can get the castle 3800kv 4 pole with esc for that price.
    However the field card would be another $20 but is not necessary to run the system.
    I cant speak for Hobby wing,but castle has a great warranty,and service after the purchase. And no mater where you buy it castle will back it up.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    That does look like a nice system,but as orca44 said,you can get the castle 3800kv 4 pole with esc for that price.
    However the field card would be another $20 but is not necessary to run the system.
    I cant speak for Hobby wing,but castle has a great warranty,and service after the purchase. And no mater where you buy it castle will back it up.
    Yea I know hobbywing has good customer service for sure if you buy direct for falconsekido but not sure if they back it up from other retailers also I've heard there's knockoffs of HW that's why they have their holographic decal on their products, but I've also really heard nothing bad about castle either but I still haven't owned 1 but I'm sure I'll try 1 of their combos soon, that's cool no matter what retailer you buy their product from they'll still back it up