RC Enthusiast

TQi - Full Throttle dies

Hi all,

I'm using the TQi with an iPhone 4S on my Spartan Traxxas. The last 3 times I have taken the boat out I squeeze the throttle. All is good until I go past 3/4 throttle, then the speed dies as if the low voltage detection has kicked in.
    I've tried thinking back to anything I have done out of the usual, but can't think of anything. I did a re calibration of the Throttle trigger, but nothing. Does any one know which one of the driving effect parameters might be responsible for this? Or any other ideas.

Many thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I would do a complete radio reset... not 100% sure how on a TQi though.

Whenever I had issues with my LINK I would follow the instructions for a factory reset and then rebind and recalibrate. It solved the issue 90%+ of the time.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Hi it might be your spartan I had same issue only ever used my spartan on 4s until my 6s turned up but when i put my 6s in it run like you have said great until 3/4 with mine it turned out the esc was set incorrect at factory but when I sent it back to traxxas it was fixed but few runs later it burnt out had to Waite 4 months then for a replacement esc hope this helps