RC poster

Smile Newbie to the Rally VXL

Newbie to the Rally VXL this will be my second RC car.....

Yep I ordered one, it will be here this weekend. I am pretty excited about it.
    I have been running a 1/10 Slash VXl as my first RC and I have had a blast.

I just wanted something road oriented. I think in time I will make this more of a crossover and get myself a
    touring car.....yep...now addicted to RC..$$$

I am starting with a couple of stock NIMH and I will go and buy LIPOs this weekend...options are good!!

Now to read through here and see what needs done first.....The possibilities are endless!!

Welcome to the addiction. I hope the Rally brings what you expect from it and that youhave a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Petertje60; 04-10-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Thanks Peter!
    Break parts and melt tires kinda day...

Welcome to the forums! (Well, at least posting on the forums!)

I've been tempted to pick one of these cars up since they came out, but I've been able to control that urge. I have too many R/Cs as it is! But I'm always on the lookout for a killer deal, so who knows when one might find its way to my workbench...

Enjoy the new toy!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Thanks Cooleo......yeah I am not much of a poster unless I have severe needs. I am one of the few that actually searches a forum before asking...lol..

But being new and starting with the Slash VXL last fall it was more of a shut up and learn experience. Lots of broken parts, fun and learning to wrench, now it is time to share my addiction and minimal experience...and you should go get one! Everyones doing it...

RC poster
    It arrived a day early...AWESOME... So here are the standard pics of what we all have...LOL...exciting I know. I got an extra NIMH with it and I also purchased the series and parallel connectors.

I ran a single NIMH pack a couple of times last night and what a blast. I then took off the HUGE decal, it peeled off very easy.

Today I ran NIMHs in series. I didn't change the pinion gear. WOW this thing is fast, but as we all know there is a huge lack of traction. Proggressive throttle got me to top speed but my road isnt the smoothest so I did roll it twice

The next upgrades will be a set of high grip tires, a set of rally type tires, a couple of spc LIPO's. I will also cut some air holes in the body to help with cooling and get a fan for the ESC.

Then will come some other springs and the RPM axel carriers to fix some slop, especially the right rear one, it is very sloppy! Then I will go from there. I will post photos again after the purchases and install. Off to play some...

Good to see you are having fun with your new car.

I don't know if you ordered the RPM knuckles (axle carriers) yet, but those are not known as the best choice for knuckles.
    You might want aluminum there. A little more expensive, but no problems of pillow balls popping out of the knuckles.

SPC is a great choice for batteries.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    I thought I would just make this my slow build thread....So here are some pics of venting it which dropped the temps of the motor and esc my about 10 degrees on average..

RC poster
    Also included are the tires and rims from China...They took one week to arrive and looks great. I haven't run them yet but as you will see in the pics what the look like on and off the car. Drift tires are hard of course and the other two tires are a softer compund than stock which will increase the grip for sure.