RC Champion

lcg weight? what does yours weigh?

curious as to how much the slash weighs with the lcg kits. i know how many there are but not sure about how much they weight. lookin into getting my son the strc lcg cause its cheaper and uses traxxas parts including a receiver box.

RC Qualifier
    Mostly stock Slash 2wd with STRC LCG, ProLine Desert Rat body, and GForce 6000mah 2S battery, 5lbs 4oz RTR.

If I remember correctly, just bolting in the STRC kit drops the weight of a Slash by about 6oz.

RC Champion
    nice i might go that route cause i know how durable the strc lcg is cause i used to have one. this is for my sons slash and i wanted to upgrade handling performance before i get him more power. i also figured that having a lighter weight the right way like a lcg would get it just a little quicker anyways. im curious though as to how much lighter the anza kit slash is compared to a stock slash.

RC Qualifier
    Probably doesn't mean anything to you but my Mamba Monster LCG slash fully loaded (SPC 3s 5400mah battery, 2.8 trenchers in the rear, stock slash wheels in the front, venom alum trans case, tbr rear wheelie bar, and rpm front bumper+lights) is around 6 pounds, 3 ounces.

Minus a battery, but you get the point.. c:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5464684
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 04-07-2013 at 01:00 AM.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC poster

Brash Build Weight

This rustler to slash conversion, STRC LCG kit, weighs 5.5 lbs. The rustler next to it weighs 4 lbs. But I have to tell you, this thing basically always roll back over onto its feet. It's unbelievable. It can come to a nearly complete stop upside down and still flop back over.

forum post: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...on-Brash-Build

blog post, parts list

90 second teaser here:

Full build and running video here:

RC Qualifier
    Seeing this thread made me wonder how much weight I've dropped from my slash. I don't have a small scale so I just weighed myself on my bathroom scale then weighed myself holding my truck. Don't know how accurate that method was but I ended up weighing 4.8lbs more holding my truck than without it. This was with the body, wheels, and tires on and with a 2s lipo in the battery tray.
    Here's a pic of the truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    How much toe out do you have there?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    How much toe out do you have there?
    A bunch. I run on a very tight indoor carpet track. your probably not steering you truck 5 seconds per lap and a lot of the turns are 180s. I like having a lot of steering and that's a way to gain some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Just weighed my STRC LCG build, Baja bug body, Proline Ion tires mounted on Split six wheels with carbon fiber rings, SPC 2s 5400 mah 65c battery and CC SV-2 5700 kv motor. Total weight is 5.28 lbs.

The Ion clay tires are 4.3 oz less than the Gladiator dirt tires.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis