Thread: tires

RC Racer

tires

anyone use duratrax lockups ? how they work ?

RC Qualifier
    I love mine. But I'm using them on a heavy truck, which needs a stiffer tread, so the results on something lighter may vary. I like them a whole lot more than Trenchers.

RC Qualifier
    They do look pretty identical to trenchers besides no sidewall tread

RC Racer
    cool got some new mounted real cheap just looking what to expect is yours 2wd

RC Qualifier
    @super, IMHO and a future reference, you should learn how to mount your own tires, it may be a little more time consuming but easy to do and a few advantages

RC Qualifier
    D0 they balloon less than trenchers?

[QUOTE=Dr. Isotope;5476597]I love mine. But I'm using them on a heavy truck, which needs a stiffer tread, so the results on something lighter may vary. I like them a whole lot more than Trenchers.
    Last edited by Rc_REV; 04-09-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    I taped them before mounting, so they balloon a lot less. The carcass feels similar to the Trencher, but the treads themselves feel firmer. I have to tape any SCT tire I run on my truck, as it's a Tekin T8 fed on 3S going to just the rear wheels. Untaped tire on the left, taped Lockup on the right.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info, next set of tires will be taped.

[QUOTE=Dr. Isotope;5476881]I taped them before mounting, so they balloon a lot less. The carcass feels similar to the Trencher, but the treads themselves feel firmer. I have to tape any SCT tire I run on my truck, as it's a Tekin T8 fed on 3S going to just the rear wheels. Untaped tire on the left, taped Lockup on the right.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    Yea that's 1 thing I like about mounting my own tires cause you know it's done right and you can tape em which makes a big difference, dang a t8, how do you like it in that truck?