RC Qualifier

Pro-Line Power Stroke Shocks WT

What shock oil weight do y'all run in the pro line power strokes ?? My LHS gave me 45WT. Is that too heavy ?

RC Qualifier
    If I remember right, my shop teacher I sucked into the RC Things has Pro-Line PowerStroke Shocks on his Slash 4x4 LCG. He is running 60WT I think. It is all about trying different weight oil to see which works best though.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    im running losi 45 very good set up

RC Qualifier
    You can't really get good opinions about shock oils unless it's from people that are running very similar conditions as you because it all depends on multiple things-racing, bashing, terrain, temps, etc. it all varies where you're at

+1^ you really need to experiment,as it will be different with temps and terrains.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 04-10-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    I see, ya makes alot sense on the temp/conditions etc... Guess ill run with this 45wt oil and see how it plays out

PS... Sry Billy another PL suckered in buy haha

RC Champion
    As has been stated above, the terrain etc will determine what weight shock oil to use. And then you also may need different springs, even change the valveing.

Different weight oil front to rear to make it steer, add or decrease traction.... I like working on shock set up's, alot easier than working on full size shocks....

I have Proline's front and rear spring kits and some Losi springs as well to test with.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis