RC Enthusiast

Ambulance Body that'd fit?

I'm an EMT, and on my last 36, had some thinking time, and watchin' RC videos on youtube, it hit me... I should make my Slash 4x4 into a boo-boo bus. Did some searching, and can't find anything close. Anybody know of any van, box truck, or panel truck type bodies in 10th scale that I could make fit? I saw a few for monster trucks, which I didn't know how it would fit. I think it has potential to be a cool project. My partner suggested to just buy a die cast one and mold my own body, which is the only option I can see at the moment too, but not sure of my abilities on that one.

RC Champion
    Maybe the Dakar body from the 2wd? I don't think clear is available though so you'd have to get creative with decals.

/ 16

RC Qualifier
    Maybe a Hummer body with a serious paint job?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    How about the hpi grave robber? They used to use those as ambulances...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Here's a pic of the grave robber body that I painted for a friend. Def screams old school ambulance made me think of the Ghostbusters car. Lol
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And here was a pic of it sitting on my slash. Forgot I had taken this pic. Actually looked pretty good on there. I can take more for ya next time I have the body in my hands.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BomberSTi; 04-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.

RC Champion
    I tried looking for an rc body such as you are. My son-in-law works on the city EMT and firetrucks so wanted to give him one for Christmas but no luck. The closest I got was a 1980 Chevy Blazer body made by Proline. So it just resembled a unit from that era.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    I would wait to see if the Dakar body eventually comes unpainted, it seems perfect for what you want.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I'm an EMT, and on my last 36, had some thinking time, and watchin' RC videos on youtube, it hit me... I should make my Slash 4x4 into a boo-boo bus. Did some searching, and can't find anything close. Anybody know of any van, box truck, or panel truck type bodies in 10th scale that I could make fit? I saw a few for monster trucks, which I didn't know how it would fit. I think it has potential to be a cool project. My partner suggested to just buy a die cast one and mold my own body, which is the only option I can see at the moment too, but not sure of my abilities on that one.
    I just found this, hope it helps.
    http://chigift.en.alibaba.com/produc..._road_Car.html
    Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Slash 4x4