RC Racer

servo won't center

no wonder the daughter is having steering issues...she is running a new protek 100T and it will not center itself...it will stay slightly turned to the direction it is supposed to center itself from

any ideas?

RC Racer
    did you unconnect the servo horn and center the know on your remote then turn on the car and resamble it?

RC Racer
    yep...if you turn right,it will center itself most of the way,but still veer right slightly and same when you turn left,it will center itself most of the way but still slightly turn left...iff i blip the steering just slightly in the necessary direction to drive straight it'll straighten out

RC Competitor
    Un screw it then center it to zero on the steering trim the screw it back on I have that problem a lot and it usually works
    Traxxas Slash 2wd Vxl

RC Racer
    Have you opened up the servo to make sure there are no issues with the internal gears?
    Just thinking out loud.

This sounds like it has stripped gears. Has she been driving it without a servo saver?

Or this will sometimes happen if the front turnbuckles are shorter on one side and you're using a lot of trim to straighten it out.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    I had another RC car that did the same thing. It turned out to be stripped plastic gearing in the servo. Yes, it was very frustrating until I figured it out. A new servo with metal gears and it is okay now. Not as good as a Traxxas, but it is a lot better.
    Jerry C.
    Stampede 4x4
    Slash 4x4
    Summit