RC Competitor

Toasted Motor and ESC <_<

So I was driving along with my Slash 4x4 when it starts makin a funny noise. I think Oh it's probably nothing and continue about my driving. Then all of a sudden I let off the gas an the cars braking real hard without even pressing the brake. So I keep driving and instead of braking I let off the gas extra slow. Then next thing I know I'm driving up an down the street and the car stops dead . The steering works fine but the motors not even making a sound. So I walk up to her and take the body off and sure enough theres some smoke coming out of the esc . Long story short I toasted my esc and a bearing in the motor blew up . So I fixed the motor. After some elbow grease and nasty smelling rust remover I got the broken bearing out. For now I popped some regular old bearings in there and she spins but when I spin her up fast she starts smoking which is bad for her health as far as I know . So two questions:

- Should I even bother reviving er or is the risk of toasting another esc too high?

- If I do keep er should I replace the bearings with the motor rebuild kit ones or no need?

So let me know what you think I'd like to know.

RC Racer
    don't even drive it if it is smoking it is gone

Quote Originally Posted by kpcolb24 View Post
    So I was driving along with my Slash 4x4 when it starts makin a funny noise. I think Oh it's probably nothing and continue about my driving. Then all of a sudden I let off the gas an the cars braking real hard without even pressing the brake. So I keep driving and instead of braking I let off the gas extra slow. Then next thing I know I'm driving up an down the street and the car stops dead . The steering works fine but the motors not even making a sound. So I walk up to her and take the body off and sure enough theres some smoke coming out of the esc . Long story short I toasted my esc and a bearing in the motor blew up . So I fixed the motor. After some elbow grease and nasty smelling rust remover I got the broken bearing out. For now I popped some regular old bearings in there and she spins but when I spin her up fast she starts smoking which is bad for her health as far as I know . So two questions:

- Should I even bother reviving er or is the risk of toasting another esc too high?

- If I do keep er should I replace the bearings with the motor rebuild kit ones or no need?

So let me know what you think I'd like to know.
    If I were you, I'd contact Traxxas and see what they can do for you. You might get a free motor! It is $40.00 tl ship your motor to them and they send a new one to you.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM