Thread: Good/Bad Temps?

RC Racer

Good/Bad Temps?

I will be going Lipo soon hopefully and I currently have the twin 550s, I know the heat is an issue with this, but I'm going to try. So my question is what are good temps and what are bad temps for motors, esc, batteries, etc.. I will probably be buying some heat sinks and fans for the 550s when I buy the Lipos so any recommendations on heat sinks and fans would be greatly appreciated

RC Qualifier
    If you gear right and keep an eye on runtimes you shouldnt be needing fans. The effect has been questioned many times. I have been running the 550s on lipos for 2 years with no issues. I run 15/68 and bring the truck in for a quick heat check every now and again. 10 mins cooling and off it goes again.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC Competitor
    Actually just yesterday was the first time I ran a pair of 2S 5800mah 25C lipos in my 3906 E-Maxx. I recently went through the entire truck, replaced all the bearings throughout the truck & installed 2 new stock 550 brushed Titan motors (23 turn). I was SO IMPRESSED with the performance gain with the lipos! Like murdermaxx said, I checked the motor temps several times throughout my bashing session (backyard track). The majority of the time the motors were in the 115-120 degree range. Once the batteries began to slow & my run was over my final temp check resulted in 144 degrees! I don't plan on letting it go any higher than that in the future, but I think i was still in a reasonably safe range. I know brushless motors can usually handle higher temps (my Velinion VXL Stampede motor often gets in the 155-165 range), but I was still running the stock E-Maxx gearing, w/ 18 tooth pinions & whatever the stock spur gear is on a 3906 E-Maxx. Although I'm sure this has been discussed before somewhere in this E-Maxx forum, I too would love to hear what gearing & motor temps others are running w/ lipos!

RC Champion
    motors your normally looking at 150F Max.
    ESC should be lower But no more than 150F
    Batteries should be the lowest of the three but not sure on how high they could go and still be safe.
    +1 with above post. Heatsinks and fans aren't a cure for high temps gearing is.
    If your pushing the limits of the truck then the assistance of the fan/heatsink would help slightly.
    I don't use the titans anymore but still aim for motor 150, ESC 130-140, battery 100-115
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Racer
    What is the stock gearing for 3903 Emaxx?

RC Racer
    17/68 is the stock gearing for the 3903 emaxx