Thread: help

RC Enthusiast

help

i need a 775 motor for my emaxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Judging by your other post about locking the axles, I am guessing you are making a crawler from your E Maxx? If so the 775 isnt the way to go. It doesnt fit happily with the tranny unless you are thinking about using the Summit/Revo mount and putitng the motor in the front of the tranny. This is due to clearence issues with the tranny. The lowest gearing you can run without serious mods is 20/68. You would be better off running a pair o 35t motors with the stock EVX2 OR getting the 2 speed and using the stock 21T titan motors and the 2 speed conversion. ( My set up )
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC Enthusiast
    i have the 2 speed

RC Qualifier
    In that case, I wouldnt go too low on the motor turns. I use the Titan 21t motors with the 2 speed. In 1st it barely makes walking pace and selecting 2nd gear gives it a little pep. You dont want too much if you are making a crawler as the diffs locked will give it some serious binding when turning and big stress on components. When mine give up ( 2 years now ) I am going to go 30 or 35 T motors any more will make the wheel speed too slow. I am keeping with the twin set up too, I know its heavier, but the maxx based crawler is a big unit and not sure how long a single would last.

I dont pretend to know a lot about crawlers, just voicing my experience and learnings after building mine.

RC Enthusiast
    ok i vas told a 775 would go fast and still crawl and i have a newer e max and an original.

RC Qualifier
    I fitted a 775 to my 3905 and it really didnt do much different than the twin 550s. People were raving about torque and runtimes, but I noticed no difference apart from the 775 ran hotter as you cant run the right gearing due to clearence. Dont know about the US but with the price on the 775 you can get 2 decent crawler motors.