RC Enthusiast

friend needs new motor/esc

hello my friend fried his motor/esc today (used truck) he wants to be able to run up to a 4 cell what would be the best combo for him?

I suggest the Castle Creations 2400 motor system! I have it in both of my trucks and am extremely happy with it! I have had lots of problems with the VXL systems but I have been completely satisfied with the combination of the Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro and the four pole 2400 kv motor.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    what he said. I love it.

RC Enthusiast
    will it be capable to run 4 cell?

RC Racer
    Yes, it will run 4s but I have read that it is almost uncontrollable. My new system should be here Tuesday and I plan on running 3 and 4s through it

RC Qualifier
    Price range?
    I just replaced my stock set up with a Hobby Wing 3400kv motor and waterproof ESC set up for less than $125, and am very happy. It's no castle, but great bang for the buck.

Jason, it is very controllable, you have to use a bit of throttle finesse. If you are out to do full throttle take offs, then you are going to habe a hard time keeping control of your truck. If you roll onto the throttle at a consistent rate, you will be very impressed with its performance. I run one of my tricks geared 22/50 which has gotted me 79.79 mph with the 2400 and a Vemon 4s 5000mah lipo.
    Briandee, believe it or not, you could've gotten the 2400 combo from the Traxxas funny car for the same price on eBay!
    Last edited by El Sob; 04-09-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM