RC Enthusiast

onyx charger nimh summit has no power :-(

I have posted several times before about this in different sections and got nothing. My truck is not right. Under full throttle the lights flicker and has a loss of power bug time. Thought is was my packs. Replaced with brand new traxxas nimh 3000 mah and same thing. Then replaced the charger. I have an onyx 240 and an onyx 245. Both chargers one of the packit's s while charging where it says nimh is blinking??? Could this be a sign of something??? The other one nimh stays solid while charging? Also when i plug in on of the batteries, seems to be the same lead, it sparks like there is a big draw as soon as i plug it n? Anyone have any guess as to what the heck is going on???? Thought the new charger would fix:-(

Sounds like a gremlin to me. JK, I wonder if there is a short in the esc? If possible, try using some lipos, and see if the problem is still there. If it still does that with lipos, there is really something wrong. But if lipos fix it, then the batteries are at fault. I wish you luck, hope this helps.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    My packs spark when connecting too.

How many runs do you have on your 775?
    It could be wore out and drawing some serious amps to get the RC going.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I was thinking that. Its getting a mamba monster in june so I'm not too worried but I wanted to sell it on eBay and want to know if there is a problem before I sell it. There should be not even close to enough runs to have a burned up motor tho. However I do read that these arent the most durable motors and I ran it in alot of snow this year and apparanly they dont like that lol... heck I just dont know!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Bad servos can cause electrical weirdness too.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    i have a rustler with the 3500 brushless set up... an the same onyx charger an i have the same problem with my 3000 nimh batt. idk why but sometime it dont charge and somtimes it will. i hooked up my multimeter and it says the same thing every time i take the batt off charge. but sometimes the truck wont even go anywhere an sometimes it runs fine idk what its all about i would like to know what the heck is going on!!!

RC Champion
    Try recycling the batteries put when you charge them us 1.5 amps , I hd to do this a couple of time before they where right . JAT
    1 Rusty VXL