RC Champion

Thinking of getting one?

I'm think of getting an xo-1 I've had just bout every traxxas vehicles...ultimate hobbies has it for around
    $800, I can get the funny car for $330.. Might wait till prices come down on ebay..is it worth the$$$ just for cruising around?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    if you like speed then its worth every dollar getting one. to some ppl....it gets boring as all you do is go up and down but, to me i find it very challenging to keep it in one piece and be able to run it again the next day lol. its nice knowing that i own one of the most fastest out of the box supercar.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    I really like the look..price seems sorta steep but I like the technology it has. I don't need to go 150mph.. It looks easy to work on. I'm gonna wait till I get some $$$ saved then ill get it.

RC Qualifier
    Find a used one in good shape. When you get it, leave it on the low speed gear as long as you can 75+ mph wrecks are not fun at all! It is an awesome car if you have a long wide road.
    XO-1 #4...

bringit knows what he is talking about, in this hobby speed costs dearly. I tried to go fast with a rustler for a long time, and ended up wasting a lot of money and trashing a lot of parts. In the end I topped out at 62 mph and I left it at that, never again. I am building an onroad rally now, but not to set speed records just to drive around with. A little speed is nice but when a wreck costs you more than groceries, it's not as fun anymore!

Good luck with your car hope you enjoy it!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    i love mine, the only true issue im having with it and im gonna have to send in my motor for warrenty is the shaft in the motor has some play

here's a video that i did a over view of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5vF2c3b2bQ

RC Champion
    ^Good video. Everybody breaks those money making canard pieces.
    Stop busting my canards!

RC Racer
    yeah luckily their cheap though

RC Champion
    Any u guys have the 1/10 rally that was on my list too can do off and on road... 1/2 the price than the xo.

Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    Any u guys have the 1/10 rally that was on my list too can do off and on road... 1/2 the price than the xo.
    i got one for onroad with xo parts, http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.........../page8

RC Qualifier
    its a sick car and def worth it for 800 , but if you arnt tryin for 100 mph then id get ofna gt8 car. i got of replacing arms and bearings and turnbuckle ends , every crash would tweak the plastic ends on the turnbuckles and produce so much play
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Champion
    Well I might just get one I can get a new one for $725..I still like the rally but for that price can't beat it..

RC Champion
    Yes..just ordered off a guy off fleebay...got it for $725 black new...

Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    Yes..just ordered off a guy off fleebay...got it for $725 black new...
    congratz man, happy bashing!! dont forget to post vids and take lots of pics cause its not going to look the same later on lol.

RC Champion
    Yea thanks..looks and sounds awesome in videos..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    congratz man, happy bashing!! dont forget to post vids and take lots of pics cause its not going to look the same later on lol.
    That is so true!
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    Be patient. Everyone told me that I would have to spend $800 or more to get a great deal...but guess what? I just spent $700 (shipped) and look at the deal I got. The seller was super nice - I got the exact bundle I was looking for - and I passed up on others that just didnt make the deal happen. Im just waiting for it to arrive (Im hoping one day next week):

I hope you get one - Ill post pictures and video... I plan to take it slow at first (famous last words)...
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

RC Qualifier
    I think it is a great a RC with a a lot of thought put into it. Even if you don't max it out speedwise, it looks good on the fireplace mantel. I have 75km of hi speed travel on mine and the only problems so far have been a lost shaftpin and 1 rear wheel bearing siezure. Considering the speed and distance it has went, I think that's pretty good.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    Cool video. I don't know why but I loved it. Thing sounds wicked.

RC Champion
    Ok just did my first stock run..really cool seems to like to suck up a lot if stones..I'm gonna keep the stock pinion on for now not enough street to go wide open..I'm diggin it though well worth the $$$!!!

RC Racer
    Make sure you run it in the middle of a wide road or like a parking lot... crashing into somebodys car parked on the side of the road isn't fun... Happened to me, and mine was really messed up lol