RC Qualifier

what diff oils to use to help with cornering ???????

Id like some advise on what diff oils to use in my slash 4x4 ... thicker or thinner is the Q???? Im racing on a carpeted track so it has a lot of grip.... im currently using 10/60/10 k diff fluids.... and with duratrax shotguns all around.....I noticed it doesnt react well on the track.... so any advice would help....
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    I race on carpet also and the combo I use is 5k to 10k in the rear. 30k in the front. and 100k in the center diff. You want to keep the rear diff loose so it will differentiate in the corners( thus the thinnest oil)
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Qualifier
    how bout shock oil ??? im using proline power strokes any suggestions on set up for these as well ???? thanks

RC Qualifier
    ok.. just put new diff oils in both center and front diffs.. center 100k .... front 30k.... rear remained at 10k.... gonna try this and see how it helps.... thanks toolman... let you know if this helps...

RC Qualifier
    havent tested it out yet but will let you know....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hi def man View Post
    how bout shock oil ??? im using proline power strokes any suggestions on set up for these as well ???? thanks
    I believe for higher traction tracks you may want to have 40 to 50 wt in the rear to alow less squat and lighter weight in the fronts for weight transfer in turns....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    k... got 50 wt in the rear and 30 in front shocks.... still has a tendency to roll over.... ?????? going through the whole thing again... grrrrr.... seems like my stock slash handles better than this current setup ???????..... idk....