RC Competitor

revo 3.3 bogging down and dont wanna go full on.

Ok so yesterday the car seemed sluggish. So I readjusted the high needle to where I always run it. 3 3/4 turna out. Still the same problem. So I took a look at my low needle. Set it to factory. Flush with the little bushing.tried to run it. Its boggin worse with thick blue smoke. So I kept workin on leanin it little by little til I got aggrivated and kept having the same problem. Idk what the deal is. Can someone give a few suggestions please.

RC Competitor
    Well it seems my aa batteries were dead causin that. Now it revs great but it pulses like rev pulse rev pulse rev.... yall get the pic. What can cause this. Im thinkin either rich or lean but which one is my question. I put my ln to stock and turned a eight clockwise. (Lean) and my high needle is 3 and 5/8 out. Where ive always kept it

RC Qualifier
    You should tune it every time you drive it, this will ensure the best performance, look in the manual to find tuning directions, the truck had a bad tune that is why it was bogging, and its too lean when it cuts out when you are going full throttle.

RC Qualifier
    When I was using the stock AA battery holder I had similar issues. Then I got A couple of NIMH reciever packs and cleared it right up. They only last about two hours each, but with two that's plenty of time to charge one while using one.

RC Competitor
    So im lean on the hn or the ln. I know if I adjust one. The other has to be opposite tuned right. And the temp stays around the same here. Do I still need to adjust it everytime. As the ln is in a rather peculiar place. Ive never had issues until now. Thanks for the help. I just got into nitro a couple months back. And I have done countless hrs of reading. Oh I dnt have a manual. I got the car 2nd hand. He had only completed the break in and put the car up after he snapped a tie rod.

I have the battery pack but I dnt have the charger. And I gotta good stream of smoke.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-23-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Alright. I adjusted the high end rich about an eight ran great until it got hot. Then it started pulsing again. Richen it some more or what. Also I noticed that my servo actuator was jumping the throttle. It will pull let off from it then pull it again. Could my servo be goimg bad

RC Qualifier
    Ok we'll I can give you a link for tuning tomorrow, but temps, weather, elevation, and humidity will all affect the engine so it is best to tune every time you run the truck. It is also ok if you do not tune it but if you don't tune it just make sure it is rich so it can't hurt the engine. If the truck ever stalls or cuts out during a high speed pass don't run it any more and richen it before it can hurt the engine. The basic for tuning is do high speed passes make sure thee is a good trial of blue smoke and play with the high speed until the performance no longer gains. I usually richen it up a little when I get to that point just to be safe. Then low speed to do this clip the fuel line it should get higher in rpms for a few seconds then die. Last set the idle speed. Like I said ill get you a link that explains it more in depth tomorrow.

RC Racer
    Also make sure to tune with a half tank.

Tuning on a full tank will result in the motor running too lean by the time the tank is almost empty.
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys. I stayed up til around 3 this morning tinkering with it. Doing doughnuts and such on my back porch til it got warm. And I tuned it at a lil under half a tank. I took my reciever out and unhooked all my wires and hookef em back in. That stopped the servo from jumping. And is it to rich if its leaving a fuel residue at the spot its sitting.

RC Competitor
    If it dies when I clip the fuel line and the rpms dnt go up. Is this rich or lean. Sorry for all the questions. But I just want to have it right. Its raining and I been cleaning it all day. I took the cooling head off and cleaned all thr dirt out of it and let it dry. Took my pipe off and cleaned it thuroughly. Plus I gotta stripped hub. I have two aluninum ones on the way should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will be dry by then.

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ual_2006_0.pdf
    Look at page 24 and 25 for tuning, what did the piston look like any color?? Do you have a pic, I could tell you how the truck is running like to lean or rich.

RC Competitor
    The piston had kinda color to it. Like a brownish color I guess. Not really sure. Didnt pay a lot of attention. I mainly looked for scarring in the sleeves wall. And on top of the piston. But it wasnt much color other than the brassy look
    Zip ties work wonders for broken shock towers!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by just_plain_lost View Post
    If it dies when I clip the fuel line and the rpms dnt go up. Is this rich or lean.
    If the RPM's don't go up then the LSN is a little lean still. Another key part to tuning is high speed passes in between each adjustment.

Sounds like your making progress though. Keep tinkering little by little and you'll get it where it likes to run best.
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    The piston had kinda color to it. Like a brownish color I guess. Not really sure. Didnt pay a lot of attention. I mainly looked for scarring in the sleeves wall. And on top of the piston. But it wasnt much color other than the brassy look
    Well that means its sort of lean, you never want it really brown or black that is bad so if say its not too bad, did the manual work for you???

RC Competitor
    Yes the manual helped thank u. Is there a stock adjustment on the ln. Say so many turns out. I really enjoy working on my rc. Thanks for all yalls help.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzillia54 View Post
    Well that means its sort of lean, you never want it really brown or black that is bad so if say its not too bad, did the manual work for you???
    Yup no problem! And the stock lsn is like all the way closed, then 4 turns out. It should be in the manual, on the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by johnzillia54 View Post
    Yup no problem! And the stock lsn is like all the way closed, then 4 turns out. It should be in the manual, on the sides.
    I hope you mistyped, it should be the HSN is 4 turns out.

Yes the manual helped thank u. Is there a stock adjustment on the ln. Say so many turns out. I really enjoy working on my rc. Thanks for all yalls help.
    I've checked when cleaning the carb and the LSN is flush when 1.75 turns from closed. Also put the idle gap at 0.7-1.0mm open and leave it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Thanks double g. I needed that. Yeah the hn is four turns out to factory. Someone told me to use a lil paper clip for the idle gap. That its almosy perfect. I dont have a micing tool so I cant get it perfect.

Someone told me to use a lil paper clip for the idle gap. That its almosy perfect. I dont have a micing tool so I cant get it perfect.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4917575
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Thanks brother. I guess you really can use them. I took the jato out for about an hr. Ran like a freaking champ. Thanks y'all. I jumped however and broke my front shock tower. Needless to say. I zip tied it down with 4 zip ties until my aluminum ones get here. Its amazing at what u can get done with a little redneck engineering.

RC Competitor
    Can anyone tell me how to upload pics from my phone. I wanna upload a pic of the top of my piston. I have the galaxy s3

RC Competitor

RC Competitor
    I got one more question. I got my rear axles in today and I changed them tonight. But now the car dont want to roll freely. Did I do something wrong or are the new axles tight and gotta be broke in

RC Competitor
    Lol. Had my brake pushed around when I took my tank out to clean it. Up to late I guess