RC poster

Slash Stock Body Damage....

Hello all,

Newbie again, after some good bashing the stock body has been starting to show some wear and tear.
    At about 6 battery cycles I am seeing cracks from around a few of the edges, especially the rear pin holes. Seeing that a new body costs $30-40 are there any was to get more life out of them? I have seen RPM body saver washers, would they help? Or are there stronger bodies I can invest in?

Thanks!

RC Champion
    I am a basher strictly dirt and have had my slash for a year. I am on my 4th body. They ALL go around the rear body posts. Yes i have done duct tape and shoe goo and drywall tape to no real benifit .

RC Qualifier
    Proline Bodies are 4mm thick, which is much thicker then the traxxas lexan, but they just snap if too hard of an impact is delivered. Go with Proline bodies, they will last more by definition, my slash body broke after a few rollovers and large jump crashes in the front, so I fixed it and keep it on my self because it is the special Mike Jenkins Dodge Ram body and I like how it looks on my self. I'm getting a chevy silverado body, it's on order at my LHS, they are about the same price, but you get to also paint them yourself.

RC poster
    Ah well I will get the duct tape out. And try out a proline body.
    Any tips on making the stock body last longer?

RC Qualifier
    I have sprayed Plasti-Dip, or Rubberising Spray, onto my body to make it stronger and prevent any tears/cracks spreading...

Mugs' Slash Ultimate
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    I have had great success with the drywall tape/shoe goo method. Adds a little weight, but pretty bash proof, if you do the whole thing.

RC poster

hit a metal pole at about 35 mph, so hard the battery case broke and slide out a bit. fibre tape and a lot of goo later and she holding up strong.