Thread: Need advice!!!

RC Competitor

Need advice!!!

Hey guys I need advice on what to do with my spartan.

First of all its the old spartan with the NON castle esc and motor.

As of now I'm running on nmhi batteries but don't like the run time. So I'm trying to decide on what to do. These are my two choices.

1. Buy a seaking 180 esc with a leapord 4028 1600kv motor with 3s lipos.

Or

2. Just buy 2 2s lipos and keep the stock electronics.

I'm going to be buying a dual pickup rudder and run separate lines to the esc and motor to help it cool down.

So I'm really wondering if the stock non castle esc and motor will be able to handle 2 2s batteries or not?

RC Qualifier
    The stock esc and motor will run perfect on two 2s's. It can even handle two 3s's, but I wouldn't recommend it. Too much power it tears things up.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    The stock esc and motor will run perfect on two 2s's. It can even handle two 3s's, but I wouldn't recommend it. Too much power it tears things up.
    I heard the non castle esc and motors will burn up on 3s? This is the first esc and motor that came in the spartan. Also will 2s give me a little more power than the nhim or around the same.

RC Qualifier
    It will be like A totally different boat, it will fly. I've run nothing but double 2s lipos and it's been going strong for about A year. Oh yea, the run times will be increased even more than the power.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    It will be like A totally different boat, it will fly. I've run nothing but double 2s lipos and it's been going strong for about A year. Oh yea, the run times will be increased even more than the power.
    Ok. Sweet. Do you have the castle esc and motor? So just to make sure it won't burn up with the 2s because I have the non castle esc and motor.

RC Champion
    You might want to contact Traxxas and see if they will do an exchange/upgrade for you. I'd give it a try, you never know.

I didn't know any of the original version 1 electronic's were still out there. Did you buy the boat new or used?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    You might want to contact Traxxas and see if they will do an exchange/upgrade for you. I'd give it a try, you never know.

I didn't know any of the original version 1 electronic's were still out there. Did you buy the boat new or used?
    I might call traxxas tomorrow and see if they will upgrade it. I bought it off a guy that never used it. He bought it thinking he was going to use it but never even opened it. It was sealed and brand new when I bought it off of him

RC Champion
    That is what I would do, I am sure they will help you out. Let us know how it works out.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Keep what you have and put 2s in it. That boat will haul butt.