RC poster

melted steering servos

Wondering if someone has had this issue before??? I have an E revo. Burnt out two speed controllers within a month. The hobby shop suggested an upgraded 5xl controller instead of the stock 2.5 due to my dual batteries and 550 Titan. OK. I can understand that. However... I have melted two steering servos in 5minutes. Could this be a coincidence OR is something with the new controller causing this to happen. Battery voltage fully charged is 7.8volts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole12Dylan View Post
    Wondering if someone has had this issue before??? I have an E revo. Burnt out two speed controllers within a month. The hobby shop suggested an upgraded 5xl controller instead of the stock 2.5 due to my dual batteries and 550 Titan. OK. I can understand that. However... I have melted two steering servos in 5minutes. Could this be a coincidence OR is something with the new controller causing this to happen. Battery voltage fully charged is 7.8volts.
    The first time I ran parallel NiMh in my slash, the steering servo wire bundle heated up enough to turn brown.

RC Racer
    Hey I think you are in the wrong Thread?! At this place we talk about the minis

I think you will find some good answers in the E Revo Area.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Stock servos are a weak area... I suggest upgrading to one of the popular 3:
    Blue Bird 390
    HiTec 5085
    Corona ?? -- sorry, don't remember that part number.

Another thing that concerns me is your fully charged battery voltage... it should be closer to 9 volts and not 8. This tells me either your charger is not peaking correctly or the battery is on its way out.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.