Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    75

    Transmission Failure

    Well, I was out running the Slayer trying to show a new guy in my company when I ran up into something and it stopped. I checked the wheels they all spin. I rev up the engine and it doesn't go anywhere. I attempted to adjust the slipper clutch and it doesn't move. I hear a noise in the transmission when I move the truck backwards. Does anyone know what I did to the truck?
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grafenwoehr Germany
    Posts
    1,304
    Off topic but the word "company" stood out to me lol what's your MOS?

    Or should I say was since your retired lol

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Off topic but the word "company" stood out to me lol what's your MOS?

    Or should I say was since your retired lol
    My MOS was 63A M1A1 systems retired out of Vilseck in 2002 and have been contracting in the Middle East since then.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grafenwoehr Germany
    Posts
    1,304
    Wow that's awesome I'm in Grafenwoehr! 89D EOD

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grafenwoehr Germany
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    Well, I was out running the Slayer trying to show a new guy in my company when I ran up into something and it stopped. I checked the wheels they all spin. I rev up the engine and it doesn't go anywhere. I attempted to adjust the slipper clutch and it doesn't move. I hear a noise in the transmission when I move the truck backwards. Does anyone know what I did to the truck?
    Did you get a chance to pull apart the tranny yet?

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Did you get a chance to pull apart the tranny yet?
    Yes, the first gear on the primary shaft (5386) was stripped, and I am sure the one that connects to it is also. So Ebay here I come for the entire Xmission (for $21.00). I have yet to tear it down all the way and have not figured out what caused it to happen in the first place or what I could have done to keep it from happening again. This was the first time I did anything with the Xmission, so it was the original gearing. I am sure I had a bearing fail on me somewhere .
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gurley, Alabama
    Posts
    766
    You don't need a new trans. You can just replace 1st gear for $5. It comes with both gears that you will need.

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Wow that's awesome I'm in Grafenwoehr! 89D EOD
    Seems there are a few of us in Germany, I'm at Ramstein...

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    You don't need a new trans. You can just replace 1st gear for $5. It comes with both gears that you will need.
    And super easy to change, I did a center diff install with a rear brake kit all in under 45 minutes.

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grafenwoehr Germany
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbluff View Post
    Seems there are a few of us in Germany, I'm at Ramstein...
    Sweet I was there about 2 weeks ago

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    75
    I am thinking about getting the complete Revo Gear Set from Robinson Racing, it is all metal. A little expensive too. I will take the transmission apart a little later on and take pictures of the carnage and try to figure out what and how it happened. Hopefully see if I can figure out how to prevent it from happening again.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

  12. #12
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    75
    Here is a picture of my 1st gear and one of my ratio gears that is stripped. How can I prevent this from happening again?

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    naptown
    Posts
    588
    Mess with you slipper adjustment some. When I first got my slayer pro, I always had the issue of snapping the pin on the output shaft. I think I snapped like 4 of them before I finally got mine tuned in...But I also run a spool in my rear dif, so that doesn't help either...lol

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Levittown, NY
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Mess with you slipper adjustment some. When I first got my slayer pro, I always had the issue of snapping the pin on the output shaft. I think I snapped like 4 of them before I finally got mine tuned in...But I also run a spool in my rear dif, so that doesn't help either...lol

    It tells you its only for offroad use only!! lol but who listens to that

    And the steel gears are definantly worth getting, just make sure you put a little extra grease in there you'll never have to take it apart again unless for a bearing change but thats where ceramic bearings come into play they can really take the heat

    And the robison slipper clutch is awesome too no problems what so ever.
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •