RC poster

Which motor fan to get for the Pede 4x4 VXL?

Hey guys,
    I just tried out a 17t pinion gear (everything else stock) and ran the Pede with a 3S LiPo and DANG is it fast.

I've seen a couple different options for motor fans and was wondering which motor heatsink/fan y'all would recommend?

(As an aside, I have a Rustler VXL with high gearing running on the same battery and the stampede is about twice as fast, which is weird to me)

Thanks!
    G

RC Qualifier
    I've got a HR one, seems to do the job. from what i can gather they are much of a muchness and don't make a HUGE difference. Temp gun will help to monitor. Airflow helps keep things cool - but no substitute for correct gearing.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargice View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just tried out a 17t pinion gear (everything else stock) and ran the Pede with a 3S LiPo and DANG is it fast.

I've seen a couple different options for motor fans and was wondering which motor heatsink/fan y'all would recommend?

(As an aside, I have a Rustler VXL with high gearing running on the same battery and the stampede is about twice as fast, which is weird to me)

Thanks!
    G
    I hope you're running this setup in very short bursts and monitoring your temps. I saw 195F with 2s lipo, 11t pinion, and proline trenchers (on dirt surface).

Yeah and the vid was so sick dude thats to you baylorar Pls make more man......peace out
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Go the mega heat sink fan just search this forum it's about3 pages back now

RC poster
    Thanks guys!

@baylorar: Yeah I've just done a couple of speed runs and I monitor the motor temp. Does get up to the 150's, 195 is insane!!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-05-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: merge