RC Enthusiast

king headz or Traxxas motor mount

Is there that much of a difference to go to a King headz mount? I believe they allow you to run a bigger bearing but is it worth it? As my LHS doesnt supply King headz stuff I would have to get it off line but they have in stock the Traxxas mount. So just looking to see if anyone has had both or atleast seen both.

Matt

RC Qualifier
    The larger bearing is selling point of the KH.

RC Champion
    I don't have any issues with the stock mount. But, I also clean my bearings pretty regularly.

I think the aluminum slipper bearing adapter is a more important upgrade.

RC Qualifier
    The aluminum slipper bearing adapter is a good idea no matter what.
    But the KH larger bearing does help. Plus it comes with 2 so IF it should fail or need to be cleaned, you still have the second.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the answers, I kind of figured that would be the answer. I already have the alum slipper bearing upgraded as I foud the stock one melted to the spring. I have been upgrading slowly as not to break the bank and would like to upgrade the motor setup come summer.

Matt

RC Qualifier
    With the larger 1/8 scale motors some of us run, an aluminum mount and large bearing handle the size and power better than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    With the larger 1/8 scale motors some of us run, an aluminum mount and large bearing handle the size and power better than stock.
    I will agree with this.

I ran 2s in my vxl in my slash platinum the 2nd pack in a parking lot the bearing failed. I replaced the melted plastic with stock, threw in the center diff, got a bearing from avidrc, and it ran for a year before i dismantled it. It is the bearing that fails, not the plastic holder.

The king headz or traxxas support will not hurt anything, just that sometimes it is not needed.

If you are going to any 4 pole setup come summer, may as well get it 8)
    Last edited by rag6; 04-03-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

I could not get the kingshead at the time i needed to upgraded so i when with the traxxas aluminum upgrade and use a ceramic bearing i got off ebay and its been bulletproof for over a year now with the alu bearing adaptor too......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ottawacats View Post
    Is there that much of a difference to go to a King headz mount? I believe they allow you to run a bigger bearing but is it worth it? As my LHS doesnt supply King headz stuff I would have to get it off line but they have in stock the Traxxas mount. So just looking to see if anyone has had both or atleast seen both.

Matt
    You decide. I've got the KH myself.

I would have got the kingshead but i could not get any where at the time......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Get the KH motor mount and don't look back. I would also recommend a good bearing for the KH mount as I have heard and seen a few posts where the KH bearings have seized. This is JMO, good luck and god bless. Either mount will work better than stock as the aluminum will help with motor temps as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Competitor
    I got the KH and love it so far. The bigger bearing is a great selling point.

Happy Bashing!!
    Bash'em, then Bash'em, then Bash'em some more!!