RC poster

Break in noob question

I'm new to the world of nitro rc and am trying to break in my new TRX 3.3. I watched the video and read the instructions, however nowhere did it say whether or not I should let the engine idle and warm up before I try to apply throttle. Is this something I should be doing?

I haven't even gotten through the first tank yet. The reason I ask is that everytime I try to apply throttle, it stalls. Is this normal?

RC Racer
    Yea u should let it warm up befor giving throttle...the mixture may be to rich, but after its warm, if u give a touch of throttle and it wants to die, just let go befor it dies, and give abit of throtrle again, keep doing that until it gets rollin, then it should be ok.
    Jato 3.3 Pede 2.5R Rusty 3.3

RC poster
    Ok, made it through 4 tanks of the break in this afternoon. Engine seems to be getting less finicky as the break in progresses. Followed someone's advice of heating the block and cooling head to 110F with a hair dryer and had to wrap the cooling head in tinfoil as it's still a little bit cold out. Managed to get the temp between 200 and 215.
    Rustler, Slash 2wd
    Slayer Pro, Revo 3.3