Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have only seen a few reports of hobbywing stuff going bang and yes you do pay for the castle customer service but not all of us can afford it and live in the usa to sent back on the cheap where it would cost me a ton of cash to send it back and take ages too.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    Thats only one case of it failing and other people are using them in all types of trucks and sct and swear by them and in all the years i have seen a ton of castle stuff go up in smoke so dont poke.....peace dude
    lol sorry, I was saying that because that's what I heard from many people, but I never owned one so my opinion isn't really valid...

Yeah it is dude but i am on a few forums and they all get bad press at some time but hobbywing do offer 180 day warranty so i hope they sort him out.And it mad that they have more trouble with the sc8 than the sct pro which is almost the same apart from waterproof and sensored.....peace

RC Racer
    Just an update got my stock stampede to 53mph with 17t pinion, now if I had my big lipo and a little more road I could be closer to 60mph stock motor esc! So my tenshock and sc8 esc should at least be that much I would think, but it maxed out at 49.1 with all the open road you could want! Interesting is all. I can say the tenshock is a torque monster for bashing which in the end is what I am most interested in......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    Just an update got my stock stampede to 53mph with 17t pinion, now if I had my big lipo and a little more road I could be closer to 60mph stock motor esc! So my tenshock and sc8 esc should at least be that much I would think, but it maxed out at 49.1 with all the open road you could want! Interesting is all. I can say the tenshock is a torque monster for bashing which in the end is what I am most interested in......
    Here's something that might interest you: RC top speed calculator
    Just enter your setup, choose slash 4x4 as ''Differential Gear Ratio'' and 1 as ''Transmission Gear Ratio''

RC Qualifier
    Ive had multiple hobbywing esc's... 2 sc8's. Both going strong and never had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    Ive had multiple hobbywing esc's... 2 sc8's. Both going strong and never had any issues
    Well you and me both dude i love my hobbywing sct pro 120a beast it run cool to the touch .....peace

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Well you and me both dude i love my hobbywing sct pro 120a beast it run cool to the touch .....peace
    That is great for you guys but it does not discount the others who posted here and who's stories were linked to that had issues with the ESC.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Just enter your setup, choose slash 4x4 as ''Differential Gear Ratio'' and 1 as ''Transmission Gear Ratio''
    Thanks dude will bookmark it for the future!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks dude will bookmark it for the future!
    Also use 3.7v in the ''cell voltage'' case.
    Glad you liked it. This tool is very accurate, it predicted my p4de's speed at 95% precision!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    That is great for you guys but it does not discount the others who posted here and who's stories were linked to that had issues with the ESC.
    I was not putting up that post up to rub it in dude sorry
    ....peace

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Do you know how many links I could post of castle esc's burning up? So why are you bashing on hobbywing? You have stated in multiple threads that hobbywing escs are crap. Castle esc's burn up all the time but your not bashing them. People report failures on this forum not success stories (in general) so of course you read about failures.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Do you know how many links I could post of castle esc's burning up? So why are you bashing on hobbywing? You have stated in multiple threads that hobbywing escs are crap. Castle esc's burn up all the time but your not bashing them. People report failures on this forum not success stories (in general) so of course you read about failures.
    It's no secret that hobbywing's business model aims for a lower price point than traxxas or castle. This is done with either less quality or support...or, in their case, a little of both.

They're still a decent product for the price. I'd spend the little extra for a castle product though.

RC Champion
    I'm with you here, why pay 2x more for a product that does not perform 2x better?

RC Racer
    is there a decent reliable speed control out there that doesnt give and just burn up? I was on a ashpalt parking lot not sand,mud,snow, or tall grass I mean come on!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is there a decent reliable speed control out there that doesnt give and just burn up? I was on a ashpalt parking lot not sand,mud,snow, or tall grass I mean come on!
    Please consider the direction I was going when I asked about the gearing and tire sizes in my previous posts. I am in no way pretending to know the exact operating parameters of your RC vehicle when it failed, however it seems to me maybe there were some seriously high amp loads involved. Maybe you just had bad luck with that ESC or maybe it was a combination of things that took it out.

RC Competitor
    1 month ago I bought a 3400kv Tenshock and sold it 10 days later to get a 3800kv motor. The 3400kv motor with 13/54 gearing does not run faster then my VXL but the 3800kv on 12/54 definitely does. But not by that much. Torque is way better then the VXL though means I can gear it much higher. I didnt use a speed gun but I'm definitely sure the 3800kv si faster then VXL, both on 2s 65c lipo. I strongly believe that tenshock kv ratings are over rated by the company. Anyone with the VXL and 3400kv tenshock motor should test this out. Their speeds shouldn't be much different but I believe after testing, results will show that the VXL will be quite a bit faster then the 3400kv motor even with same gearing. Only thing is, u can gear the tenshock much higher and make it much faster the stock whereas if u gear the stock motor too high, u'll just overheat it and BOOMZ!! Wish I had a stock VXL motor to compare to the 3400kv motor. Not a pro but just giving my 2 cents since I owned the 3400kv and 3800kv motors.

I am expressing my opinion just has others are. This is an age old battle in the RC hobby,,,,the bargain brand vs the name brand. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. My personal choice usually puts me in the middle of the road type product, not the high end and not he low end but someplace in the middle.

That being said we all must remember this is the Traxxas forum not the Hobby Wing or Castle forum. I think this thread has run it's course and if it goes on will only get further off topic and away from support for a Traxxas vehicle.

THREAD CLOSED
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power