RC poster

Strange receiver or ESC problem with X01?

Here are the symptoms - TX on - car on - solid green on RX - solid yellow on ESC (normal) - press throttle motor jerks for a second or two - RX goes to red/green red/green red/green fast flashing - ESC stays yellow - steering works fine. Motor/drivetrain turns freely manually. Called Traxxas and they said send in both ESC and RX (pain). Has anyone seen this before? Guy on phone said fast red/green on RX mean overvoltage.

Thanks - Dan
    New Britain CT

RC Racer
    havent had this issue with the momba monster but i have seen it with Castle Max pro / Sidewinder ESC
    so probably gonna be the ESC

If its under warrenty get it through traxxas, that way you get the unlockable ESC, if you go through Castle creations they give you a non-unlockable ESC

only other suggestion i can think of is reset your throttle endpoints on the transmitter
    Last edited by bdion626; 04-03-2013 at 03:39 PM.

RC Champion
    I would send it in as Traxxas has suggested.
    Jeremy

RC poster
    Thanks - I think at this point I'm just going to order a new one - I opened up the ESC last night and there was a ton of sand filling the bottom and the circuit board looked a bit corroded. I have been running it in sandy parking lots and after the last very sandy run it was never the same.

RC Qualifier
    Did you try using the castle link and maybe change the firmware, or do you know for sure the esc is toast??

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    Check your servo, it's might be bad and pulling more Amps then your esc can handle. Unplug the servo then try reprogramming the throttle end points and test it again.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by snookerd1206 View Post
    Did you try using the castle link and maybe change the firmware, or do you know for sure the esc is toast??

Sent from my iPhone 5
    It is toast now - I pulled the ESC out last night and opened it up (curiosity) - to do that I cut the red/black heavy gauge wires - I called traxxas today and they said that is ok - just send it back as-is with $120. That's ok with me. At least I have an ERevo Brushless to play around with until the x0 is back up and running. I love both.

RC Qualifier
    Well at least you are getting a new one. Traxxas cm is top notch. Hope you get it back up and running soon. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5